The Planted Tank Forum banner

Good prices on Cherries and Amano's SF Bay Area

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  fhqwhgads 
#1 ·
FYI

Theres this place in San Mateo off of Hillsdale Blvd called "Fish for You" I hadn't been there for a while, but he seems to ramping up his supply of cool stuff. More plants then I've ever seen in there, but it's still so Ocean or Albany, but anyways today he just got a shipment of cherries and amanos. He tells me that he can also get tiger shrimp and others from his supplier.

The current Amanos are about 1" size and are selling for $3 each
The cherries are very small like 1/8" and where $4 each
They looked very healthy...especially the Amanos.

He quoted me these prices off the top of his head since he just got them in so you may want to double check, but I just thought I'd let folks know who are in the market for these guys.

Their number is 650-349-9147. The owner's name is Alex.

I am not affiliated at all with this place, but the owner is a nice guy and I've been going there for a number of years for the basics and now seeing him getting into more of the planted scene I'd like to get him as much support as possible especially since he's a local.

See less See more
#2 ·
Actually used to visit this place awhile back while visiting friends in San Mateo/Redwood City. Never thought that he'd stock up on shrimps though.

Price on cherry reds is decent, although the prices on amano is a bit on the higher end (they're about $2 on avg.).

#3 ·
Well I just paid $3 per Amano shrimp at Ocean aquarium and they were less then half the size of these ones. Had I known he was getting these in I would have gone there. Ya I was really surprised when he showed them to me. I think if they sell he will continue to get them which would be great.

#5 ·
fhqwhgads said:
cool, do you have the exact address or a cross street. i live by the mountain view costco how far do you think it is?
It's off of 101 just before the 92 by the best western. It's on the east side of the freeway. Probably about a 30min drive depending on how fast you drive and traffic. Give them a call I'm sure they can give you the exact address so that you can map quest it or whatever.

#6 ·
Fish for You
2996 South Norfolk Street Suite A
San Mateo, CA 94403
(650) 349-9147

It isn't too far from where you are. It's probably less than 30 minutes, as Jeff stated (guessing since I drive from San Jose, and pass by Mtn. View).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.