The Planted Tank Forum banner

from 125 marine to 75 fresh

947 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Positron 
#1 ·
soon I will be making the tough transition downsizing my tank from a 125g marine tank back to a freshwater planted 75g. haven't decided on how high tech to go but I will be using this thread as my spot to dump photos of the change.

Photos coming soon.

#3 ·
its a magic trick I'll show you how its done once i get rid of all my live rock and fishes.

#4 ·
started draining the 125g man what a load of work to get everything out of it.

#5 ·
and just like that she is a 75g told you it would be like magic.

#6 ·
and now it has water and a few plants. I'm going to be adding a piece of driftwood that I made out of several pieces later today but here is what it loks like right now.

#7 ·
ok got my driftwood creation in there. definitely alters the look of the tank greatly. I like it what do you guys think?

#9 ·
I am going to plant low ground cover all over the tank (in theory) that should alter the look with the rock in place. its kind of blunt without plants edging it, true. in the long run though I think it will be a nice contrast to the green carpet surrounding it. but hey thats just my thought. who knows in 6 weeks I could decide I hate it and yank it out. unfortunately if I do that I will need more substrate it displaces quite a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.