I got some idea for plants here

Update:

I bought some plants:

Rotala rotundifolia
Hemianthus callitrichoides ''Cuba''
Microsorum pteropus windeløv
Anubias barteri var. nana
Vesicularia dubyana.

I couldent wait - so i just bought the closest i got to my plans --- For now!

The Cuba:

Microsorum pteropus windeløv tied to my root.

filled:

-

I bought some Amano shrimps, and they will soon be joining the tank :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Holly cow that is really a nice tank. I would have to be really ambitious to build that thing. The lay out if the plants will look great except the plant right behind the sticks I dont think it will be necessary with that moss wall and all. If you were to have something I would think something redder. One question how will you clean the filter does that pump come out fairly easy. I cant wait to see it all filled in. keep the updates coming.

#5 ·
Mad props for putting in all the work you did for your nano! Turned out great and I'd love to see how it turns out!

#6 ·
Pjerrot, after seeing the whole plan and the finished product I must say that you did an Excellent job. The nano looks great. How about building some and selling them? Mass Production = $$$

:thumbsup:

#7 ·
hehe - dont think people in Denmark appreciate them like we do :)

I think the total cost for the tank, canope and filter was $50-60. A lot of the stuff (glass and polycarbonate) was free, and I didnt spend any money on tools... (Big saving!!!)

For the root and the the substrate fertilizor, i spent ~ 20$

The only real cost was the bulb and the pump

#11 ·
Ohhh dear god its g:icon_eek: rg:icon_eek: us! well done!:)

#15 ·
No shrimps yet - Co2 level is over 100ppm :)

Im starting to see some hair algee - due to too long hours of light (my timer broke)

Im cutting back on light to 6 hours.
Im waiting for my fertilisers - so i can start making some pmdd - or dry dosing...

Im thinking of adding some more stemplants - just to get better balance - wrong of met not to do that from the start...

#16 ·
Anti-Pjerrot said:
No shrimps yet - Co2 level is over 100ppm :)
Sweet.

:proud:

Does amounts just seem to tickle me. I'm at 74ppm right now and I'm having a blast. But as long as the fish aren't doing the back stroke, then it's all good.

:red_mouth

#19 ·
The tank is not doing fine ... The HC is brown, so is the rotala rotundifolia. The redmoor root has mold and the anubias has black edges.

Still plenty of CO2 - I assume there are no macro - since i dont have any sources.

Java moss is doing fine thougt - So is the hairalgee!

----

Im wonderering:

Should I remove the root and boil it once again?

#20 ·
It doesn't seem like you really have the amount of CO2 you think you have. BBA and thread algae suggest low CO2. The brown is probably diatom algae, which seems to go away on its own after awhile. Try measuring CO2 by taking a sample of water from the tank, letting it sit out in the open overnight, measure the PH of that water, then, if you have 30-40 ppm of CO2 in the tank, it's PH will be 1.0 lower than the degassed sample. It would be 1.4 to 1.5 lower if you really have around 120 ppm in the tank.

#21 ·
i testet again this day - and the reading was down to 25ppm.

I did as you said - so tommorow i will test the degassed samples...

The air-diffuser was totally covered in goo - so i rinsed it. This could possibly be a reason why the co2 was so low. I assume the Co2-diffusion was spoiled by the goo.

I should possibly put Co2-cleaner between the tank and the diffuser...

#23 ·
Well i sortet the CO2 problem, but theres still coming plenty of hairalgee. Theres no lack of CO2, since theres so much bubbles all over. The Rotala rotundifolia, the anubias and the moss is growing real nice, but the Cuba aint doing great... I dont know what it is (possibly lack of macro) but it aint getting a good hold, and some of it is rotting away. Ill try lowering the kH with some RO water changes. Its bubling nice from the shots left (that looks real good and fresh green).

Im trying to find a good solution to control the CO2, so I can get some stabile messures - no ideer to messure when it changes so much. Ill try to lower watercirculation, with some holes in the output hose, since I know it will work.

Im still trying to get some macros, but there not available to me, for many reasons.

Im still very exited over the good plant grows, and im possible adding some more plants, possible a hygro of some sort, so i can limit algee...

Its in the nutientbalance - i know it...

#25 ·
Sucks that you can't get some Macros Pjerrot. I wasn't using them with my tank and after I began using them the plants just blew up from there. Hope you don't mind me asking but why can't you get Macros? Shipping issues?

#26 ·
I ordeed some dry macros from a guy at a forum, but hes kinda slow. And Tropicas new products (Tropica is from denmark) is not in the shops yet. Im pretty exited about their new product with Phophates and Nitrates, since it gives a commercial boost to the knowledge about plants.

There are so many people from denmark that dont believe in plants and macros, and its frustrating...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.