The Planted Tank Forum banner

T5 Hydroponics lighting system

906 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Hoppy 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever used them? I have been looking at a 4 bulb system with T5HO 6500k bulbs. The reflectors look like mirrors. They seem to have great ventilation, and they are meant to be hung.

I would get a 48" light to go above my 75 gallon. Is it possible to have too much light even if you have a pressurized co2 and you are using fertilizers?

#2 ·
im pretty sure han uses them.. he has a par meter and could tell you what the readings are..of course his may be different... i know that they put out alot of light and he has to raise his lights.. also there is only one cord

the more light you have, the more co2 and ferts used.. if youre not on top of it then you are just asking for trouble

#3 ·
"Too much" light is the amount that causes you to have algae problems that make having a planted tank a job instead of a pleasure. So, yes, you definitely can have too much light. If you are very good at judging the plants needs by just observing them, you can use more light than if you aren't that good. It is possible to keep enough CO2 in the water to avoid major algae problems with very high light, but it takes a lot of tank maintenance done well, and very good judgment about when the plants need more CO2, and when the fish are getting too much CO2. Only you know how good your judgment is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.