The Planted Tank Forum banner

roseline sharks

5K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Green Car 
#1 ·
can anybody tell me anything about these fish? they have fantastic colors.

#2 ·
They are large (6"), social, and highly active, so they need a large enough tank that you can keep several. At least 4' long, and larger is better.
They thrive in cooler sub tropical water, room temperature to mid 70s. Not a good tank mate for Discus or Angles. Good with the cool water Rainbows.
They are big enough to eat smaller fish, so I would keep them with fish that grow to at least 2" long, or longer.
Accept a range of water conditions, come from water that can be soft or hard.
Being a shark shaped fish, I would not keep Red Tailed Sharks, Flying Foxes or other aggressive relatives with them.
I have not heard that they eat plants, but they are big enough and active enough that I would suggest sturdy plants that are OK if the fish bump into them. Some of their relatives are noted algae eaters (SAE) but I do not know if these guys are so great that way.

http://www.fishbase.org/summary/Puntius-denisonii.html

#14 ·
A little bit off topic, but I see rose lined sharks selling for $4 at my LFS, when I visited my friend I saw he had a tank with 20 or so specimens, all around 4 inches with a distinct difference; there's a black and yellow/white pattern on their tail fins, he tells me these are different and cost $15 each, can anyone confirm as Google has failed me.

Is it a different species of RLS? Or is he just yanking my chain?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.