The Planted Tank Forum banner

Where to go for plants in San Diego?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  turbomkt 
#1 ·
Every fish store I've been to has the same ol' crypts and anubias. Does anyone know where to find a wider selection of plants for purchase?

#2 · (Edited)
Outside of San Diego? The only stores I've been to have been Fountain's, Pet Kingdom, and Aquatic Warehouse. I've sold AW some of my plants.

Seriously, you probably need to look online to other hobbiests to really get anything decent. That, or try the SD Tropical Fish club or COAST up in Orange County.

Edit: Spelling.

#4 ·
I've been to AW in the past, but they didn't have much in the way of plants...mostly saltwater if I remember correctly, but it has been a few years. In Orange County there is a place called Petown that has okay plants, but really if you want anything that is not totally common like Amazon Swords then you are better off getting stuff from other hobbyist. Keep an eye out for when people offer up trimmings from their tanks, besides that is half the fun...trying to locate the plants you want.

#5 ·
Jooleeus said:
AW takes plant trade-ins? Interesting..
Fountain's will buy your plants as well. AW gives 1/3 their selling price, and I think Fountain's is the same.

If anyone is interested, I may be offloading a ton of H. Polysperma and Limnophila Sessiliflora this weekend. If no one takes them, they are getting disposed of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.