The Planted Tank Forum banner

ThatGuy's HiTech 20 Long-"Rebirth"

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  ThatGuyWithTheFish 
#1 · (Edited)
LATEST FTS 9/10/12:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Original post:

Got stand from Petco (Kingston stand, $109.99 on sale + tax), built it in 40 minutes. Added Aquasoil, and filled it last night. I'm going to pick up some filter floss to help get it clear. Coralife light and Aqueon filter are only temporary. Hopefully the bacteria in the Cascade 100 will help it cycle in 2-3 weeks. Starred species are ones I hope to add in the future. I'm very excited to go high tech! Also, ask me anything about the species I own. :)

EQUIP:

Fluval 100W heater
Cascade 100 and Cascade 150 filters
Catalina 30" 1-bulb T5HO
9L ADA New Amazonia, capped with 3L of Powder type
5lb CO2 Tank+ Milwaukee MA957+ GLA Atomic diffuser

FAUNA:
9 Hemigrammus bleheri Rummynose Tetra
2 Caradina multidentata Amano Shrimp
3 Centromochlus perugiae Honeycomb, Wood Oil Catfish
4 Otocinclus vittatus/affinis (can't really tell which)
*2 Otocinclus cacoma Zebra Oto
*6-9 Corydoras habrosus*

FLORA:
Anubias barteri var. Nana, Congensis, Nana "Narrow Leaf," Nana "Petite"
*Bacopa sp. Japan or Elatine triandra*
Blyxa japonica
Cryptocorne parva

Fissidens fontanus
*Glossostigma elatinoides*

Lilaeopsis brasiliensis Brazilian Micro Sword
*Ludwigia senegalensis*
*Ludwigia inclinata var. pantanal*
Microsorum pteropus
Narrow Leaf Java Fern
*Pogostemon helferi*
*Rotala macandra "Red"*
*Rotala sp. Sunset*
Staurogyne sp. Repens
*Syngonanthus sp. Belem*
*Tonina fluvatilis "Lotus Blossom"*

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The Aquasoil actually cleared really fast. It only looks washed out because of the 10000K bulb. Not going to bother scaping until I get the driftwood in (last minute). Compact hygro and wisteria are there to suck nutrients and help cycle. I'll RAOK it later.

My GLA atomic diffuser finally came! I bought it on ebay for $15 from China, but now I'm wondering if it was worth it to save a few bucks. At least I don't even need it yet.

Petco had some really nice looking Lace Fern, so I really couldn't resist.

#6 ·
After my 2 weeks of cycling, I still can measure ammonia and nitrites. I'll wait until the nitrites are gone at least before moving the fish. NLJF melted some, I don't know why. I moved the Cryptocorne parva into it, too. It was hard to plant in the AS. FTS tomorrow.

#7 ·
Ammonia is still at 2ppm. I guess I can't add fish for awhile. Here's a FTS:

I've scaped the NLJF, crypt parva, and S. repens (though I may shuffle them around some when I get wood into the tank). Wisteria and compact corybrosa are temporary, but boy they sure like the high-tech. I think I'm going to lose the Ammania gracilis and varigated Ludwigia, as they were in the mail for 3! more days than they should have been. They seem stressed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.