The Planted Tank Forum banner

Eheim Aquastyle 4

5K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  svn2k 
#1 ·
Currently I'm keeping about 20 shrimps in a 2gal cylinder and I thought they need a new home, so here comes the Aquastyle 4

Beautiful Tank! It sits on top of a mini Fluval edge stand. I saw a picture a while back of someone doing a stair with his tank and liked it so much that I decided to copy :icon_smil

Substrate: eco complete $31! none of the local fish stores had it so I had to drive 30 miles to get it .. didn't want to wait for shipping

Rocks: $1.99 for big piece of slate and broke it in small pieces for the stairs

Plants: Anubias tied on rock, Dwarf Hair Grass from PetSmart (got a bunch left for my Fluval Edge tetra tank)

Driftwood

Aquatek Mini CO2 regulator is on the way

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice! :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Couldn't keep the Staurogyne repens planted in the substrate so I stuck it in the little crack on the driftwood.
(There's also a nice stream of bubble coming up from the anubias leaf!)

Also Tank progress after 3 weeks:

Starting to see some algaes in there, so many it's time for some snails or maybe a small algae eater .. hope the DHG don't get uprooted

#15 ·
*** Update 02/21/2013 ***

DHG growth:

Happy shrimps

Tank shot from above:

Are these PFR or just regular RCS? LFS sold to me as RCS but they're super red

There were 2 deaths but water parameters tested out ok. Hopefully the berried RCS will replenish the population.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.