The Planted Tank Forum banner

Aquarium Outfitters Storewide Sale - May 16-20th

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  if_fishes_were_wishes 
#1 ·
Just got an email from the folks at Aquarium Outfitters (Wake Forest, NC). They are doing a storewide sale. The email reads:

Aquarium Outfitters Storewide Sale begins today May 16 and ends closing time May 20.

EVERYTHING in stock is 10-20% OFF, with some additional items being 50% OFF. And we do mean EVERYTHING IN STOCK IS ON SALE!

Enjoy the savings and thank you for your patronage.

The Staff at Aquarium Outfitters

Aquarium Outfitters
Phone: (919) 556-8335
Open - Mon-Sat 9AM-8PM, Sun 10AM-7PM

I have purchased almost all my livestock, supplies and equipment from these guys. If you are in the triangle area (and or NC) you have to check them out. In my 15 years of aquarium keeping I can't think of a better store for rare, exotic and interesting fish.

All of my German Blue Rams have come from this store and they are all healthy, colorful and breeding like crazy.

Do yourself a favor and check this store out while the sale is on!!

J

See less See more
#3 ·
Haha... with as much as I've spent in that place, 10% wouldnt even put a dent in it!

This is one of the last truly good LFS in the area, I want to see them stay around for a while and not get run out by the likes of Petsmart, Petco, etc.

Quality livestock (both fresh and salt) by people who know their stuff. I'll post 20 more sale threads for them if it means they stay in business and keep selling me awesome fish and supplies!

J

#5 ·
Watch out for this place

This place is bad news. Unless you are a heavy spender or in good with the owner you get treated horribly. They don't care bout their guest nor employees, and their animals. I was a regular for 7 years but the [censored][censored][censored][censored] I have seen from the owner got to be too much. The way he runs the place, treats the customers, treats his animals and so on. 99 percent of everything you read about this place that says anything nice bout them is posted from friends or the owner him self or his web site admin. The owner only cares bout his money which would explain the outstanding prices of everything in the store that you can go anywhere else and get it half the price for the same product even after his sale. You can go to online stores pay the shipping on live stock and still come out cheaper. If anyone has noticed that is a regular to the store they used to only have 2 sales a year one at Christmas and one during the fair. Now they have sales every other month due to his business falling. Please be advise if decide to enter. You may consider on taking a bank loan out if you do decide to buy a feeder fish. Think its a joke walk in and ask around for some prices and be sure to ask each employee because you will get a different price depending on who you ask on the same product mentioned. Ever wonder why there isn't any prices listed on anything because they price the live stock on how they judge you when you walk in the door. Well you have been warned. Please proceed with caution if you dare.

#6 ·
This place is bad news. Unless you are a heavy spender or in good with the owner you get treated horribly. They don't care bout their guest nor employees, and their animals. I was a regular for 7 years but the [censored][censored][censored][censored] I have seen from the owner got to be too much. The way he runs the place, treats the customers, treats his animals and so on. 99 percent of everything you read about this place that says anything nice bout them is posted from friends or the owner him self or his web site admin. The owner only cares bout his money which would explain the outstanding prices of everything in the store that you can go anywhere else and get it half the price for the same product even after his sale. You can go to online stores pay the shipping on live stock and still come out cheaper. If anyone has noticed that is a regular to the store they used to only have 2 sales a year one at Christmas and one during the fair. Now they have sales every other month due to his business falling. Please be advise if decide to enter. You may consider on taking a bank loan out if you do decide to buy a feeder fish. Think its a joke walk in and ask around for some prices and be sure to ask each employee because you will get a different price depending on who you ask on the same product mentioned. Ever wonder why there isn't any prices listed on anything because they price the live stock on how they judge you when you walk in the door. Well you have been warned. Please proceed with caution if you dare.
Seeing how you only have one post on this board, I just don't see your opinion having too much weight. To me it sounds like "a regular for 7 years" and you didn't go to another store means that you weren't very intelligent or good with Google searches to find other stores in the area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.