The Planted Tank Forum banner

General Chat - Talk about anything!

70K views 1K replies 52 participants last post by  acitydweller 
#1 ·
Hoping this thread can be used for whatever nonsense, feel like asking questions? Ranting? Dropping in to say hi? Talking about your day? I'd love to hear about it.

Earlier today, there were comments on how we're all nerdy hahaha. So, what nerdy things aka hobbies do you guys like? I'm a big bio nerd and love learning up on animals and live stuff. And agreed, planted tanks...very sciencey. Too much, in fact :icon_eek:

#1,021 ·
Her tail has stayed the same, no more loss.

Still stress stripes.

Am considering using the Jungle Fungus Cure in her permanent tank while it is stripped of live plants.

Has anyone used it for bettas? I used a half dose of Betta Fix for her (the same dose I used back in the summer which helped her without damage) yesterday.

Today I only used aquarium salt in her 100 % water change.

Blackwater extract is almost ready, just needs to cool a little more and have Prime added.

*worries perhaps unnecessarily*

#1,025 ·
Well, this is why I'm getting a tank full of water sprite from Albert ... she doesn't eat that. I've got Java fern that she doesn't touch, but it doesn't grow very fast. She ate all the duckweed I put in - nearly exploded, too.

And ... yeah. Daily water changes ... they're why I decided not to get another betta.

#1,036 ·
In other news, my 1st and 2nd graders had a great ukulele and keyboard class today!

We are learning the melody line of Lean On Me on the keyboard, and playing the Am and C chords on the ukulele.

Also, I taught them the melody line of Sfto Kitty, Warm Kitty from the Big Bang Theory and it's one of t heir favorites!

#1,037 · (Edited)
This is not going well.

I'm making mistake after mistake.

UUUGH
SO THAT CRAYFISH
I finally took him out yesterday of the baby cray tank, and put him in with my bettas. In his own compartment obviously until I could figure out what to do with him. ......glass dividers, no way to jump or crawl over or anything.

I look today and my best betta is dead in the next compartment, and like.................... with only his head left.

Crayfish................. what the f man
Really sad, it was such an awesome betta too uuugh... double tail blue fish with a black laceyred tail.
I know I can't blame the crayish.... never had one before that was such a crazy voracious guy but... :(

#1,040 · (Edited)
ugh man... i think the cray is making an example for the others in the tank... sort of like in the mafia.

sorry flo:(

Forgot to mention, these crays have a powerful tail so they can easily launch themselves across the tank and likely over the divider. Just be aware, if not for that, they would work all day to scoot themselves up and over.

#1,049 ·
I am fine, thanks Albert. I lost two Oto's in one of my 5.5 shrimp tanks and like 2 or 3 shrimp, got everything going again now and just dripped in 50% water changes on my shrimp tanks. Doing multiple water changes on my 55 gallon for the next few days. If no one else is lost, I will consider myself very lucky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.