The Planted Tank Forum banner

Lets Talk About Repashy!

9K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  somewhatshocked 
#1 ·
Got my first bag of repashy today, community plus. Made up a batch according to directions, and I found it a bit too watery. I made one hanging cube, and then cut up the rest. None of my tetars or rams were interested in the hanging cube, but would eat any piece my molly spit out! I put it on the floor, and the cory and otos went nuts. Rams started in too. I shredded a few pieces, threw it in and my tetras then went nuts for it. Ugh. Cant they all just eat it hanging?!

Im assuming I made it too watery, because when I tried to press it through the garlic press, it just smooshed out the sides.

All of the fish seem to really like it though :)

#8 ·
if its too watery try putting less water per unit powder.

most of my bettas like to eat repashy that i smush between my fingers into tiny bits that slowly sink. i also drop a few large chunks to distract the larger fish which swarm them and try to tear them apart.
as far as ive noticed, once the fish realize its food, you cant go wrong. they love it, and its much healthier for them than flakes.

#10 ·
Speaking as someone who's never had an oto, I think they need more plant matter in their food. Most people have had success with Soilent Green and you'd probably want to put it on some sort of disc to mimic what they eat normally.

Anyhow my shrimp and snails love Repashy. My pearl gourami will eat a good amount of a hanging cube, but not enough for my liking. My rasboras will also eat tiny falling pieces of it. I still need to figure out a better way to feed them.

If you follow the directions and boil the powder correctly, it should not appear watery at all. It should be like very stiff jello. Water will come out if you use a garlic press though.

#13 ·
Repashy is a guy who makes specialty pet foods.
They are dehydrated powder mixes that, when added to boiling water in the correct ratio, form an edible gel.
Said gel can be poured into molds to make shapes, slathered on logs, or any other kind of thing you might do with an edible gel.
It's awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.