Flame moss

Fauna
Sakura shrimp
Ramshorn snails
Horned nerites

Will be adding chili rasboras soon

See less See more
#30 ·
Lovely tank Your water looks crystal clear!

Congrats on the baby shrimp too. Subscribing
Thanks! I run purigen in the AC20 and that helps substantially in keeping the water crystal clear.

Your mosses are filling in so full and natural looking.

so you arent dosing ferts or using co2? wow really nice progress thus far. I think the cholla in the corner is a nice touch...
Yes, the moss is growing extremely well. I do not dose anything at all, just some Osmocote Plus under the substrate when I set up the tank.

#31 ·
Time for another update.

Moss is growing extremely well. Blyxa not so much. It has pretty much stalled and isn't growing any at all. Trying to decide what to replace it with and haven't come up with anything. Might just go with a ton of moss on mesh. Added another stump piece of driftwood covered in Singapore moss.

Up to about 3-4 dozen baby RCS, and at least two more females are berried

Added 12 CRS last week

#37 ·
Oh cool.. Yeah i figured as much. I'm in AZ so i wouldn't need a heater till winter too. But I'm creating a shopping list so i know what heater is best (and cheap) to work well and not be hard to conceal in a 4g. Btw, what seller on Ebay did you get your setup from? I'm really considering this. But I'm only a bit apprehensive because I've only known of ADA, Do!Aqua, GLA, and Mr. Aqua when it came to these style if tanks. However, this Schuber Wright seems like a better deal when you factor in the Fugeray light fixture.

Btw, do you have your tank backwards to hide the bevel side? Its kinda hard to make out in the pics. I think i would do the same as I'm not to crazy about the bevel. Can you post more pics showing how the fixture looks on top if the tank? Oh and where did you get all those mosses? Every LFS in AZ only carry boring java moss. I'm assuming its been too hot to get shipments of flora so if i don't find any soon (especially flame moss), i may have to order on Ebay as well. Thanks!

#38 ·
Ebay seller is mooshu422.

I do not have the tank backwards. I actually really like the way the bevel looks. Once full with water, it is not as pronounced as it is in pictures of the tank empty.

I can take some pictures of the light and how it mounts later and post them here.

My mosses were either purchased from local individuals or on here from other members. I would suggest not using Ebay for live plants/moss. Most ships from overseas, which is illegal, and also results in poor quality due to long travel times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.