The Planted Tank Forum banner

400g Inground Goldfish Garden

4K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Miles 
#1 ·
Just a teaser... (This pond is actually not mine, merely a freinds. I am however stocking and taking care of it, so I figured it was worth a journal!

DSCN2740 by ripariumguy, on Flickr

Before

See less See more
#5 ·
Aww! That would have been awesome! The pond owners have a bunch of little kids that love looking at the fish. I just feel back because they are always hiding and there are only 4!

Looks like a fun project. Planning on using some riparium plants? Too bad we northern state people can't enjoy year-round outdoor ponds... :/
I am deffinately adding plants. Hands down! :D They are actually coming today. Here is a list of the plants I ordered:

Corkscrew Rush
Yellow Iris
Dwarf Cattail
Lizard Tail
Black Gamecock

I have all the planting materials and baskets ready as well.

Lilies and lotuses would look great in this pond, given it's shape and size. The pond looks about 12" deep. do you have more photos?
What are the pump and filter size? It looks like it's a good pump the waterfall is really going.

LOOKS GREAT:thumbsup:
Hey thanks FIT BMX! I would love to add some lilies, but unfortunately, since the pond is only a little over one foot deep, I don't think that they would fair well. I am probably going to give them a try anyway though. :)

As far as filteration and such, I am not sure about the filter size. I am pretty sure it is made by EasyPro though. Media wise, there the waterfall container is filled with bagged lava rock and some misc. mechanical media.

I do not any more pictures at the moment... but if all goes as planed, I should have plenty later today! :thumbsup:

#7 ·
The landscaping company is in charge of that, and I don't think they are going to do anything. :icon_neut So, I'll just have to do what I can!

#9 ·
Totally! I had to over winter the poor fish in a 20g... :frown: I am going to get them a bigger tank for next winter though.

#11 ·
Thanks Philip! And I will! Just waiting (im)patiently for FedEx to get me my package of plants....

#12 ·
Almost all lilies( even the biggest of hardy lilies) will grow very nicely in just 6" of water. A lutes will grow with just 1 or 2" of water above the crown of the plant, or some even with the crown just above the water like in a bog.
Good luck, and keep a close watch:icon_eek: on the kids when they are around the pond!!!

#14 ·
It's a liner, with plastic in/out flows. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.