The Planted Tank Forum banner

good tank mates

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  roadmaster 
#1 ·
Hi everyone
I'll be heading over to fishtown tomorrow to pick up some fish for my 30 gallon. Right now I have 6 sparkling gourami and 9 glow light tetra. I was hoping you all might be able to give me some tank mate suggestions? I know ill prob puck up a cpl of octo .
I was also thinking threadfin rainbows. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Patrick

#5 ·
Nice! 12 isn't too much though? Not sure how big they get.

I have a question for you. Are sparkling gouramis not like other gouramis? I'm talking aggression-wise. I have peaceful community, and wouldn't want to disrupt that. There is a GBR in there, but he doesn't bother anyone.

#11 ·
Nice! 12 isn't too much though? Not sure how big they get.

I have a question for you. Are sparkling gouramis not like other gouramis? I'm talking aggression-wise. I have peaceful community, and wouldn't want to disrupt that. There is a GBR in there, but he doesn't bother anyone.
Sparkling gourami are reserved ,almost secretive .Is wise that you chose the threadfin's for they are not nearly as aggressive as some other's at feeding time which would make it more difficult for the afore mentioned gourami to get food's as it fall's to substrate.:proud:

#7 ·
Sholken38
They stay under or no bigger tha 2 inches. The sp are extreamly peaceful the only concern I would for you is feeding. They take their time eating. I have glow light tetras who are aggressive eaters so I putg in larer pieces of freeze dryied food that float the tetras go after that the I put in finely grounded or chopped up food for the sparkling gourami.

#10 ·
Thanks for the info. The next question would be: how many? They don't need to be in a school, right? Does the ratio of male to female matter? My only concern would be my GBR, but he doesn't bother my other fish. I have cherry barbs, cpd's, guppies, cories, a swordtail and a platy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.