The Planted Tank Forum banner

What's your favorite plant? :)

6K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  happi 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok. I know this probably has been a thread before and it's probably been asked a billion times already. But I just wanted to know from the general public what their favorite aquatic plant is.

Name a few! :) And pictures are always welcome too.

#14 ·
i really love all Anubis varieties. It was my first love in my relationship with planted tanks years ago and will always have a special place in my heart. Now though I have begun to appreciate all the different types of crypts, the harder to find/grow types. I have quite a few rarities in the journal in my sig "crs/crypt playground.

But, for an all time single favorite plant I would have to go with Polygonum Sao Paulo. It add a beautiful red coloration to any tank and is about the best behaved stem I have ever kept. It grows pole straight up and down and can be made into a beautiful stand if you make it happy and have a little patience.

Pics from my tank. :)

#23 ·
I really love pantanal too. It is by far the most vibrant colored plant that I have kept. When its happy the peach/pink tops are truly something to behold while swaying gently in the flow.

Your aromatica looks like the green variety. I actually statred a tread a while back over at APC about what seemed to be two different types of it I had in my tank. One got nice coloration but the other would only lighten its green in the exacts same conditions/tank. LMK if you want me to PM you a link to the thread. :proud:

#19 ·
What's the scientific name?
Umm, I'm pretty sure it is Alternanthera Reineckii. I'm not good with scientific names at all. I only remember what the labels said the more common names are. Although when I search 'Alternanthera Reineckii' it pulls up variations of this plant, but its the scientific name that fits it closest.

#22 · (Edited)
Sorry for the plug but if anyone likes the Polygonum that I piosted pics of I actually have about 10 full nice stems for sale for $15 shipped if you PM me that you say it in this thread.

This Powerseller deal makes it really hard to sell stems and stuff because I feel that most people don't just browse that section because they may have a while ago and perhaps feel that it just the same old same old in there. Sorry but someone needs these nice plants! :)

*Sao Paulo is gone*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.