The Planted Tank Forum banner

I'm a grand-shrimp-parent!

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  skindy 
#1 ·
I've been stalking Tempura for the last couple of days because I knew she was due to start hatching soon. I saw her hatch last night and it's pretty neat! I watched her for maybe 30 minutes and it's so cool to see the baby shrimp float out from her tail area.

I went to bed because I wasn't going to sit there and watch her hatch all 10-20 eggs. This morning, before work, I couldn't find any of the babies. Is it normal for them to just hide for a few days before I see them? They're so tiny but so easy to spot last night and then this morning I couldn't spot any.

Here is Tempura hatching:

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks, everyone!

Oh, good! I almost had a panic attack when I couldn't locate a single baby. I didn't realize how tiny and transparent they were. It was awesome watching her hatch them and just how cool the whole process was. I thought she would try and hide somewhere to hatch them but no, just out in the open!

It made me feel good knowing she was comfortable enough to hatch and not abandon the eggs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.