The Planted Tank Forum banner

Petland - Baton Rouge

6K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Craw Chief 
#1 ·
Fish(es) of the Month - DECEMBER 2006

All Tetras, Barbs, and Gouramis are 20% OFF.

Thru 12/31/06.

#2 ·
Wow you are really close to me since I live in Covington. There's no too many people on here from Louisiana. Are there many good lfs in Baton Rouge including this one. I normally go to Metairie or Kenner to get what I need and would like to find some other places in the area.

#7 ·
I feel ya Anne, I was stuck in Georgia for 4 months as well. It's still not the same.

#12 ·
went to petland yesterday just to browse....they had a great selection of freshwater fish, but no one on staff was knowledgeable enough to 'help' me. several people tried to tell me that a cyprichromis was actually a compressiceps. i was horrified when i saw how well some of their tanks were maintained....

i can honestly say i will never buy fish from them

#14 ·
Petland is Disgusting nowadays.
Fish Selection is garbage, and the tanks are all covered in algae, customers cant even see into the tanks.

The only reason they stay open is because of the puppy mill.

The only place i recommend is the Petsmart on Millerville in baton rouge, i work there so i know it is well maintained :p

#15 ·
I went to Petland in BR last weekend, and their tanks do look very bad. They were all covered in algae and there was not one single live plant in any of them. According to this thread they had live plants, but I see now that was in 2006. They definitely don't have any live plants now.

#17 ·
I know this is an old thread and it happened a while back, but I just wanted to say how insanely glad I am this place closed. The one time I went in there (early 2009( and saw the cages they had those dogs in, I was mortified. I checked up on them online and, sure enough, they got their dogs from puppy mills.

The guy running the store was like a car salesman trying to get me to buy fish. It was pretty terrible. I couldn't be happier that they closed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.