The Planted Tank Forum banner

Making him happy?

901 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Elliriyanna 
#1 ·
Not sure this is in the right place But I have made more than my fair share of aquarium mistakes and I just want to make sure I am doing everything right.

My current plan for my tank is a hiding log so my boy can get away from the current and rest.

A possible floating log ...Still deciding ( if anyone has used floating Betta logs let me know Yay or Nay)

Lots of Plants - Not sure what type yet but I know I want lots of hardy plants. ( recommendations?)

Any other thoughts? He has a 5 gallon hex to himself that he doesn't use most of the space currently

#2 ·
I would do a nice center piece of driftwood with some anubias nana or java fern on it. Some kind of carpet plant with contrasting texture like microword if you use anubias or baby tears/hc if you use java fern. You could even use something like cryptocoryne wendtii or lutea as a background in a tank that small.

Also, what kind of filter are you using?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#3 ·
I will try to get my hands on some driftwood :) And I will have to order some Java Fern Online ... I do like plants that form soft meadow looking carpet

#5 ·
How much is shipping? It may be a while before I have the spare money but I am always up for low cost plants :p

I have a tetra whisper in tank filter rated for 10 gallons.

#7 ·
i have a 5 gallon hex ... this filter is the only one that fits my tank other than a sponge ... and i just bought it i am going to stick with it the current doesnt seem to even bother him he swims fine

#8 ·
Oh, well, you said in the first post that you were gonna get him a log to hide from the current, which makes it sound like he's having issues with the current.

There are other filters that would probably fit in there - there are smaller internal filters like the Hagan Elite Mini.

The plants you get will depend on the lighting - what kind of lighting do you have?

#9 ·
well he doesnt have trouble with it but he does like to hide and does need a place away from the current to sleep. this was the only in tank filter i could find at the LFS

i ordered his log :D now he just needs Lots of plants :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.