The Planted Tank Forum banner

9g Rimless CRS/CBS UPDATED 8/17/12 Berried CBS eggs hatched

Tags
cbs crs shrimp
3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  sayurasem 
#1 · (Edited)
This shrimp tank has been up for 6 months already but won't be up for too long. I'm planing to move some shrimp to my 60-f and the rest to my 20g long.

9g rimless (probably some china brand)
fugeray 12" led light
Aqueon QuietFlow 10 (I know it is weak)
JW 500 air pump with air stone (only turn it on half day)
Theo 50watt heater
Aquasoil Amazonia type 2 mixed with some fluval flora but mostly Aquasoil
Paintball with Aquatek dual regulator with solenoid
Generic ADA style Drop Checker and Diffuser

The Co2 will go in the 60-f when I flood it

Plants - Since it was my first planted tank I just threw in any plants I got.

Microsword
DHG
Glosso (just a few stems)
Fissiden
Subwassertang

Fish
Ottos

Invertebrates
CRS/CBS

That was when I first set it up back in December 2011, I think.

This is how it looks like today.

See less See more
#4 ·
So yesterday I feed my shrimps the new food I got them, Shirakura. They loved it and was all over it but they didn't finish it. After a few hours they weren't all over that piece of food and it looked like it was bear eaten. Since it was on a feeding dish I left it in there to see if they would go back when hungry. So they did go back to it during the day to feed on it but still didn't finish. At least you can see that they ate like half of it.

Do shrimp really eat that little? I have about 15 shrimps in there and 1 otto. Should I take that unfinished food out even it stays in the feed dish the whole time?

Heres a picture of what was left as of a few mins ago from the post.

#7 ·
I got a berried CBS!!!!!

Hopefully this time the CBS don't die. I had a berried CRS a few weeks ago but then about carrying the eggs for 3 weeks I saw the dead body of the CRS and no babies. Hopefully this time it don't die and I see some shrimps.

Photos are not the greatest because it was taken with my phone. I don't have macro lens on my DSLR so its really hard to take close up shots.

Its the CBS with a little browish red spot on head. I hope I'd get some SS in there because I bought from guy who had CRS/CBS missed with S to SSS in same tank.

#8 ·
Finally my berried CBS's eggs hatched. I've only seen 3 but should be a few more around somewhere in the tank. They are so damn small in the tank. I think the shrimps poop are bigger than the baby shrimps.

I have another CRS that is berried, its probably going to hatch in about a week. I remember seeing it berried not too long after the CBS got berried.

I can't believed that the egg hatched at this temp. I remember almost a week ago before I got a fan from walmart the temp in tank gout up to 82F. Now the temp is 72-76F, 72F in morning and midnight and 74-76F afternoon when outside temp gets up to 100F

Heres some pictures. I know they are bad but my camera phone is what I got a hold of at the time. Hope you can see them.

Its right in the middle of the picture. I think its a red one probably a S grade tiger tooth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.