The Planted Tank Forum banner

Malawa Shrimp!!!!

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  TidBitz 
#1 ·
Any one have any experience with these lil guys

#5 ·
Any advice is welcome, I'm new in the shrimp breeding, they aren't available but every once in a while so I'm hoping to help some people out in my area. I used acclimated water from my 55 G for the tank, they should be here no later than the 5th so I am also leaving the lights on 24/7 to help algae growth.

#7 ·
Actually I think you can get them pretty easily on the forum sale forum. why are you leaving your lights on 24/7 again? malawa shrimps i think will eat algae but also other things and you can just feed them spinach or other vegs or even fish flakes. My are doing fine and my tank doesn't have lots of algae (knock on wood). just make sure you have lots of live plants or mosses and stable water parameters and a cycled tank and they should be fine

#9 ·
I am leaving the lights on for a couple days just to get the tank started, it has been a while since this tank was used, my plants are in the 55G for the time being. I have hiding spots and will have to get moss, I have some but not enough. Can't upload a pic.

#10 ·
One thing I do with shrimp including Malawa is put plants from other tanks (especially moss) in my shrimp tank, they love to go over the plants cleaning the biofilm. They'll swarm the moss for about a day then they'll leave it alone.
Its a great way to feed your shrimp some extra food and get plants cleaned up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.