The Planted Tank Forum banner

Just joined, check out my evolve 8

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  mosspearl 
#1 ·
Been lurking for a while to get info for my planted tank, just joined today to share my progress. As mentioned in the title, it's an aqueon evolve 8 which i ended up getting for around $50 (with the use of some sales, coupons and/or magic.. :icon_surp) Originally got it all set up to start cycling and about 2 weeks in decided to rescape and change the substrate in the process.

sorry for the quality, pics and video were taken w/ my iPhone.

Earlier today, before adding some plants

After the new plants

and a short video:

Let me know what you think! still looking for fauna ideas, can't decide between inverts/fish. Also, before someone yells at me for it, I will be upgrading the light VERY soon.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looking real good. I am thinking of getting a 4 or 8. Do you run a heater in this tank if so which one? Keep up the good work!:proud:

#6 ·
Don't worry too much about the light, mine grows everything in the tank with no problems. It's not bright enough for high tech, but it works just fine for normal growth

Sent from my phone, in the land of magical unicorns and rainbows!

#11 ·
Update

Just wanted to add a few new pics.. Moved a few things around and did some trimming. Also added a second light, i may be changing the fixture or replacing the stock LED with another aluminum clip-on CFL lamp. Still no fish besides the ottos :/

#14 ·
That is going to look even more great when it grows out! Whatever fish you put in there is going to love the exploring! What is that stem plant in the front right corner?

Have you done any modifications to the sump?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.