The Planted Tank Forum banner

So Iphone 5 Whose getting it?

8K views 148 replies 52 participants last post by  acitydweller 
#1 ·
Just like the title says whose preordering it? What are your thoughts? Please Iphone and android guys keep it clean.

#32 ·
My only true gripes with apple products... So much propriatary garbage and itunes lol. mechanically they are good pieces of equipment.

Back to my original post with all the sueing apple has done etc and their normal top dog attitude I was just surprised the changes were not more drastic, I expected at least 2gb RAM

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#38 ·
Woke up at 3am to order! I've had both Android and iPhone and while I LOVE to tinker (I hacked the crap out of my Android), I finally decided I just wanted something that worked. I've never had an issue with any of my iPhones. Android, on the other hand, always required me to hack it to get it the way I wanted.

Did I really NEED a new phone? Nope... but I can sell my current one for the cost of the new one (upgrade price, not full retail), and I'm a techie, so I love new gadgets.

#40 ·

#43 ·
My husband has been using the same flip phone (yes they still make those) for the last 2 years, and I hate my t-mobile phone with a passion. I need to do yet another factory reset on it. I am seriously considering buying 2 iphone 5's, but I will buy unlocked ones. I hate contracts lol. We just bought 2 collectors editions of the latest World of Warcraft, as well as 2 new computers. I think we will wait a little while longer on them.

#46 ·
Over the years, Apple has masterfully honed its marketing skills to somehow sell more and more iPhones each year.

Although each iPhone update does come with changes to its hardware, some people just take the company's word for it.

On Wednesday, the company took the covers off of its latest cash cow, the iPhone 5. And as expected, floods of pre-orders came rolling through, nabbing all of Apple's initial supply in less than an hour.

But just how many of these pre-orders are from iPhone 4S owners who no longer appreciate their device? As Jimmy Kimmel puts it, each new Apple iPhone release seems to make current iPhones look worthless and obsolete.

To test just how powerful Apple's new iPhone marketing effects are, Kimmel's team took to the streets of Los Angeles to ask citizens to test out the new iPhone. Only, it was an old iPhone, two generations old to be exact. The iPhone 5 hasn't even shipped out to the masses yet.

Although Kimmel states the test was used with the current iPhone 4S, a closer inspection will reveal it was actually an iPhone 4. (You can tell by the marking located next to the audio jack) Despite holding a piece of two year-old technology, many described the "new" iphone 5 as faster, lighter and even bigger. What's worse is that many of the people interviewed own an iPhone 4S themselves.

http://youtu.be/rdIWKytq_q4

Funny that people with an iPhone 4S in their hands, are comparing it to a iPhone 4 that they think is a 5, and the placebo effect takes over and they think the 4 is faster, brighter, bigger, lighter. lol.

#50 ·
Just got my iphone preordered at best buy, hopefully they'll have enough shipped to them Friday for me to take one home with me. The suspense is killing me.

They should have a rule if you have a 4s you go to the back of the line. The 4s is still a great phone, I don't understand people who swap phones everytime Apple says "ta-dah!" My phone hasn't worked even with 3g in over a year now, I've been paying for my unlimited data and texting plan because ATT doesn't offer it anymore and I don't wanna give it up. Can't wait to actually use a smartphone again.

#51 ·
I also have the old unlimited. Heck I don't want to get rid of that. Is that a requirement for the new iPhone?

I won't be updating because I just got the 4S 8 months ago.

When I get a new 2 year upgrade, I get a new phone. The 4s was my first iPhone and I love it.

So in another 18 months I'll have a new phone, probably another iPhone, as I have an iPad and an iMac. Call me a fanboy or whatever, because I simply do not understand tech specs.

All I know is all the androids and PCs I used don't compare to the functionality of and universality between apples products.

I write a note on my iMac? It is on my iPhone.. Calendar? I write something in on my iPhone at the drs office, it is on the Mac. I'm a journalist. It is nice to have my picture notes immediately on all my platforms, same with my pages documents. All it takes is one click and I can open them on another device.

I liked android better for customization, but jailbreaking pretty much turns your iPhone into a restoreable android.

From MABJ's iPhone
2G Fluval Spec ~ fauna and flora in the works!

#52 ·
Getting a new Iphone to me is worth it because: I can't download the app's I want. I don't have Siri. I love the new maps (3gs is supposed to barely work). The camera is amazing. (same as before, but the front facing camera is better, the 3gs doesn't even have it). The screen is longer, which will make watching videos a lot easier, the battery life is insane, and its the newest thing out there.

Its totally worth it IMO to get the new iphone, if you have the 3gs. Since I have the 3gs, I can't wait to get rid of it. My Iphone literally creaks if you play video games because of the plastic. Its like 100% plastic and feels like it is going to break.

Now to get the money...

#53 ·
I love iPhones! I've had one since the very first one was released. I got tired of having the same phone as everyone else so I decided to get the galaxy S3 and it's probably the best decision I've ever made.

I put an aftermarket battery in that lasts about 3-4 days and I have a 64gb micro sd card for my music. I never understood why apple never allowed for a replaceable battery or sd card slot.

I loved the iPhone for its simplicity and it will always be a great piece of equipment but I'm not too impressed with the specs in comparison with the GS3. Still a great phone though!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.