The Planted Tank Forum banner

10 Gallon Low Tech - Take Two!

3K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  BJWTech 
#1 ·
Well after realizing my 10 Gallon Tank had a slow leak, I decided to try a better aquascape on this endeavor.

I am using a 10 Gallon Petsmart Kit. I replaced the bulbs with 15 watt 6500k spiral lamps. I added some pebbles and a nice piece of driftwood.

What do you think of the scape?

First I added a pile of sand where the rock pile was going to be. I did not want the top soil to be under a big pile of rocks and driftwood....

I then filled in the remaining area with sifted EarthGro Top Soil (.75"), capped with .75" of sand.

I included a close up pic of the Driftwood....

Attachments

See less See more
#17 ·
I think I am going to go with 5-6 Otto's, some nerite and trumpet snails and some blue pearl shrimp. I think it wil be a nice lil' habitat. :)

Current Flora;

Floating: Riccia Fluitans
Left BG: Bacopa Carolina
Middle BG: Cryptocorne Wendtii 'red'
Right BG: Brazilian Pennywort
Middle MG: Cryptocorne parva or undalata
Right MG: Some Ludwigia...
Left/right of Driftwood: Anubias Barteri 'coffeefolia'
On top of driftwood: Christmas Moss
Left FG: Unknown, extra in shipment! ;)
Right FG: Pygmy chain sword

#18 ·
Update!

Well I got back from Vegas to find a very stained tank! The plants seem to be doing ok. The light was low due to the staining and my ludwigia grew to the top albeit a thin growth. I decided to do a major (80%) WC an rescape a bit. I tried to get rid of dead growth....

Pics!!!!;

1) Stained water
2) FT after WC and rescape
3) Left side
4) Right side
5) Right side closeup
6) Top

Thanks!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.