4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  jkaber 
#1 ·
Let's see those bowfronts!
these ones are still growing in
old scape
this was my first attempt

See less See more
#5 ·
nice tanks!!!! I am setting up a 72 with a 29g sump/refugium right now, for lighting I am getting a Finnex Ray II. I'm going to eventually have a medium to high light set up with Discus, endlers, 2 different rams, and others...

At first I am going to have it bare bottom with young Discus for about a year till they grow up some. I have done research on them and every one seems to say to grow them out to their best potential (big and round) it's better/easier to do it in a bare bottom tank because cleaning out the excess waste is a breeze since you have to feed them 4 to 7 times a day. Also to have a planted tank during these period wouldn't be ideal.

After a year or so I will set up a really nice planted tank with some Mr. Aqua substrate (amazing stuff btw) with some white sand in the front maybe but I'm still thinking about.

#6 ·
72 G Bowfront

Here is my 72 G bowfront I set up about 4 months ago. All of the small swords in the foreground all came from the larger sword on the left side. I'm running pressurized CO2 with PH Control, Seachem Ferts, Eheim Pro 3 E filter and (2) Circulators. So far it has basically been algae free and both plants are fish are reproducing like crazy.

#13 ·
Those are some nice looking swords that you have in that tank :drool:

I am in the process of slowly setting up my 72 bowfront right now, just ordered my canister filter and a heater for the tank. Later this week I will be getting my substrate once I decide which way to go, and lights at the end of the month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.