The Planted Tank Forum banner

Looking for critiques before I plant!

833 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kevinmichael77 
#1 · (Edited)
Was just looking for some advice on my layout before I get my plants in. This is my second attemp and wanna go for more of a nature scape kinda feel. Plants are mainly going to be blyxa, giant hairgrass, glosso, hygro araguaia, and Erio parkeri. Vague I know but just wanted to get advice on the wood layout.

Thanks

#3 ·
+1. With so many thin branches it just looks kinda scattered and it'll be hard to define strong areas of interest with the plants.

Common solutions would be to bunch them all to one side, create two groupings with one on either side of the tank, or do an central island with the branches radiating out from the center point. You could also do a five point design with bunches on the far right, left *and* center and two open sections of negative space between.

#6 · (Edited)
I built the stand outta 3/4 inch pine and the bought some round bar and cut it, had a friend weld it then just drilled it and screwed it into the sides. Holds the light perfect and has a pretty sleek look. Wish I had a but more room underneath but overall I'm happy.

Yeah now I'm not exactly sure how to arrange it, I might have to fuss with it again and see what I like. Not much time to work though plants are coming soon. So if I loved everything to one side should I still keep some rock out in the empty space?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.