The Planted Tank Forum banner

Does anyone in Pdx have shrimp for sale?

9K views 71 replies 19 participants last post by  ylot77 
#1 ·
I would rather pick up shrimp somewhere close than deal with waiting in the mail.

I also can't decide what I want so whatever I can find locally will help narrow my choices down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#36 · (Edited)
Currently I only have my CRS for sale. I need to build up more OEBT stock.

However, I added a culls option for my CRS.

Culls (Transparent coloring but will potentially produce opaque offspring)
$25/10 Shrimp @$2.50/each
$55/25 Shrimp @ $2.20/each
$105/50 Shrimp @ $2.10/each
$200/100 Shrimp @ $2/each

S+ (Good coloring)
$40/10 Shrimp @ $4/each
$90/25 Shrimp @ $3.60/each
$165/50 Shrimp @ $3.30/each

SS (Solid coloring)
$30/5 Shrimp @ $7/each
$65/10 Shrimp @ $6.50/each
$160/25 Shrimp @ $6.40/each
$310/50 Shrimp @ $6.20/each

Find my ad by searching for "shrimp" on the PDX craigslist.

#43 ·
Just an update, both Cayes and World of Wet Pets seem to stock "Rainbow shrimp" caridina sp. "who knows what these are" for $3/per. WoWP is a pretty neat store, they have a remora, which is fun to look at but very sad to see swimming fiercely in it's (relative to the ocean) tiny tiny tank. Very busy when I went and a little disorganized but the prices were good and it wasn't a dead-fish holding tank like some of our PNW fish shops. No other (fw) shrimp at WoWP or Cayes that I've seen.

As of last Friday Wet Spot had just a HERD of Amanos in, looking very healthy. No CRS I could find, one or two male Tigers hanging out in the tiger tank (With the Amanos) and that one brown, scungy looking thing in the Rili/Blueberry shrimp and black hair algae tank they've carefully cultivated for the past six months.

#50 ·
What he said. I'm in eastern Washington.

Have any of you PDX guys checked out Cayes fish on Division? They always had a really nice selection of livestock. I never checked out their shrimp selection though. The only LFS I've seen to carry a chinese high fin banded shark. They had a really nice planted DT when I was last there.

#52 ·
I can totally vouch for SHMaRiM shrimps both CRS and OEBT.....Honestly he's probably NW shrimp keepers best kept secret. His OEBT stock is healthy, active, nice Blues! He also has a good stock of CRS. His prices are fair and carries quality shrimp.

I recently purchased several OEBT and they are doing very well!

#53 ·
Dropped into the Wet Spot to pick up some Crypt W Florida Sunset (super pretty) and checked out the tanks. No more tigers, big batch of very nice looking sakura-ish cherries (I'm not an expert), lots of juvie CRS, no berried females this time, still a big tank of Amanos. There's more shrimp in the "Blueberry" tank, say a dozen. Definitely look like blueberries this time, color shifting, big brown stripe down the back, in general all the shrimp tanks are much healthier looking.

Also got a chance to swing by The Pet Loft on Macadam in SW. They had glass shrimp, amanos, cherry shrimp and bamboo shrimp, no others that I saw, but I didn't check for a "rainbow" bowl on the counter.

#54 · (Edited)
BTW, I provide the wet spot with their inventory of CRS occasionally... I find it to be a good way to get rid of my culls. Just figure you guys should know if you decide to spend ~$5 for CRS there... You can get the same shrimp from me for $2.50 or spend $3.50 for some S,S+ higher quality ones...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#58 ·
Hey guys, I thought Cayes only trade-in for credits .. Does they pay you cash ?? any idea

I will have a new pack of CRS in S+ and SS in juvie size will sell soon .. I just sold out few pack already .. contact me if anyone need CRS .. and CBS will going to be sell soon too. This is in Portland, Oregon.

#59 ·
the wet spot prices are insane, 4.99 per cherry?! world of wet pets has them 2 for 5.00 and even that seems expensive.

I wish I could find someone close to beaverton with rcs for 1.00per, driving to vancouver is kind of out of the way and the gas to get there kind of balances out.

#61 · (Edited)
I'll have goldens, blue pearls, and some carbon rilis available in the near future as well. Keep an eye out on Craigslist. I'll beat anyone elses prices locally to make it worth the trip. I typically give a few extras as well since my tanks are usually pretty full...

4 top tanks are empty waiting for some new species.

Right tank is goldens and blue pearls. Left is high grade CRS.

OEBT tank

Berried Blue Pearl

Golden/Snow White

Golden/Snow White... More solid white than the average Golden/SW you'll see for sale...

S, S+ CRS

Higher grade CRS

Berried Blonde OEBT... I keep these separate from my blue ones...

Another High grade CRS

OEBT

Carbon Rili, Hard to get good pictures cause they are always moving...

#63 ·
#65 ·
I'll be willing to give the orange eye blonde tigers away for a little less than the blue tigers, probably like $6ish. They can still have blue offspring but I like to keep my blondes separate to make the blue breed true.

The blondes range from yellow, to orange, to transparent green/bluish, and even clear. They are pretty cool.

I have one that has a yellow front and tail but is clear in the middle. It's almost like a caridina yellow tiger rili... Here he is in my 5 gallon bedside tank, the only one I keep a variety in. Hard to get a good picture of representation due to the lighting and exposure. They have yet to interbreed so they are all still true lines. I use this tank to cull the blondes out.

#66 ·
I'll be willing to give the orange eye blonde tigers away for a little less than the blue tigers, probably like $6ish. They can still have blue offspring but I like to keep my blondes separate to make the blue breed true.

The blondes range from yellow, to orange, to transparent green/bluish, and even clear. They are pretty cool.

I have one that has a yellow front and tail but is clear in the middle. It's almost like a caridina yellow tiger rili... Here he is in my 5 gallon bedside tank, the only one I keep a variety in. Hard to get a good picture of representation due to the lighting and exposure. They have yet to interbreed so they are all still true lines. I use this tank to cull the blondes out.
His shrimps ROCK!

#68 · (Edited)
Just let me know, I've got probably about 15 or so at the moment. They show up every once and a while but have become more rare in the colony since I've started pulling them out.

Btw, just spotting this guy today! First berried golden! Might be available sooner than expected...

I initially bought 6 goldens. They were pretty nice but have a little bit of transparency mostly in the head region. I got 15 more last week from a different breeder. They are very high quality and super opaque! Hoping that by starting with two different suppliers the line will have good genetic diversity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.