The Planted Tank Forum banner

Trade: Cyperus helferi(?) and java moss

987 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  DeLaFe 
#1 ·
A good buddy of mine gave me a bag of plants. He gave me enough java moss to aquascape a pool! Also gave me tons of a grass looking plant with runners in between each plant and good roots. I planted the entire back of my tank. As best as I can tell by looking at photos on the internet the plant he gave me is Cyperus helferi, but I can be wrong.

Long story short- I have a bunch of the smaller plants of c. helferi(?) left and at least two golf ball sized chunks of Java moss I am willing to trade. I am looking for neat looking plants, preferably something that will add some color. (I already have one plant that has purple leaves (1" rounded leaves) and Anubias. I am also ordering anubias nana petite. So something "different".

I plan on keeping shrimp and a few types Rasboras, pygmy corydoras and other small, compatible fish. If you have fish you have bred I would consider those in trade as well (but I don't think these plants are equal in value).

I am on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and can arrange to meet nearby...
With two little kids it will be hard for me to venture far over the next few weeks.

FYI- Once I am set up, I will most likely be RAOK'ing my plant trimmings. Right now I am just trying to get set-up and thought it would be neat to try to set-up my entire tank with aquarist propagated plants! (Well, with the exception of the nana petite I am buying!)

Alfred

See less See more
#9 ·
Buddy that gave it to me says it definitely is not japonica because he has some in one of his other tanks. Says it grows to about 9 inches in height. So, dwarf sag is looking like the better possibility. (Although, the link above says it grows upto 30 cm, which is just over 11 inches)

No takers? If not, I am going to have to plant it in my tank or it is going to die... (Or toss it)

Best,

Alfred

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.