The Planted Tank Forum banner

Found some Ryuoh Stones and ADA soil in Queens AND MORE!

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  petlover997 
#1 ·
Don't know if anyone is looking but there is a new fish store that opened in flushing by the new Skyview mall on college point. It's kind of hidden where there is no other business'. He just got in a shipment of Ryuoh stone for 8$ a pound. ADA Aquasoil is $35 for 9L. Also new shipment of some nice horn wood. I've been there twice and he is very nice. Looks like he runs it by himself and is always constantly working on the tanks so just ask and he'll help you. Great prices on some fish too like rummy noses for $2 Galaxy Rasboras(celestial danios) $3 pygmy corys $2.50. Electric blue balloon rams for $15. He sells a lot of big fish too. Definitely worth stopping by when his tanks are full. As for plants he has a small selection but I think he is leaning towards getting into more Aquascaping. Place is called Monster Aquarium and the address is 131-08 40th Road, Flushing, New York 11354http://bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v...ty=r&rtop=0~0~0~&mode=D&FORM=FBKPL1&mkt=en-US

#6 ·
:)

Don't know if anyone is looking but there is a new fish store that opened in flushing by the new Skyview mall on college point. It's kind of hidden where there is no other business'. He just got in a shipment of Ryuoh stone for 8$ a pound. ADA Aquasoil is $35 for 9L. Also new shipment of some nice horn wood. I've been there twice and he is very nice. Looks like he runs it by himself and is always constantly working on the tanks so just ask and he'll help you. Great prices on some fish too like rummy noses for $2 Galaxy Rasboras(celestial danios) $3 pygmy corys $2.50. Electric blue balloon rams for $15. He sells a lot of big fish too. Definitely worth stopping by when his tanks are full. As for plants he has a small selection but I think he is leaning towards getting into more Aquascaping. Place is called Monster Aquarium and the address is 131-08 40th Road, Flushing, New York 11354
Stopped by yesterday. Lots of nice stuff there. If you join us on facebook, we have photos

#14 ·
Yes, that's the one. We are hoping to reach out to members and LFS beyond New York, hopefully to cover the north east so if any were to travel out of state, we'd have details on the LFS or happenings around.

Hey - "acityDweller"

I noticed you are now the LFS and CO2 list "curator" . I haven't been that active recently and just noticed...I am impressed- it sounds much better than keeper of the list....

I have to also say thank you!!!!!! many times over....
I've used your list many times- mainly to hit NJ stores but will try to hit some NY stores if I am ever in the area....bridge tolls are scaring me away from making any road trips. That new store in Flushing may entice me away.....

Thanks again....I may copy the idea for part of PA...if I ever get time...
Hey, Thanks for the feedback and I'm pleased to hear people using the information. I'm working with guys at NJAS to expand the NJ section since this is their home court. It really makes touring a new area more reachable for many outside the area. We could use your help to help cover the PA region if this were possible.

Just checked out the store. It's become my favorite LFS in NY! Great prices. He still has a lot of pygmy cories left for 2.50 each. Got a bunch. He even gave me a discount. It also looks like he's beginning to stock more rare plants. Not a ton of variety yet but I got the Ammania Bonsai. Looks pretty good.
IME, this is the first time it's offered locally. Gorgeous plant in bunches. I had to source mine online.

We have been making inroads building relationships with LFS owners. Monster Aquarium gave us the heads up on new ADA stock and livestock inventory and we are making social networking applicable to this hobby to get the word out. The same goes for LFS shutdowns where the greatest liquidation deals can be had on short notice.

#9 · (Edited)
Just checked out the store. It's become my favorite LFS in NY! Great prices. He still has a lot of pygmy cories left for 2.50 each. Got a bunch. He even gave me a discount. It also looks like he's beginning to stock more rare plants. Not a ton of variety yet but I got the Ammania Bonsai. Looks pretty good.

#11 ·
Hey - "acityDweller"

I noticed you are now the LFS and CO2 list "curator" . I haven't been that active recently and just noticed...I am impressed- it sounds much better than keeper of the list....

I have to also say thank you!!!!!! many times over....
I've used your list many times- mainly to hit NJ stores but will try to hit some NY stores if I am ever in the area....bridge tolls are scaring me away from making any road trips. That new store in Flushing may entice me away.....

Thanks again....I may copy the idea for part of PA...if I ever get time...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.