The Planted Tank Forum banner

Mgopm

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Sake 
#1 ·
Has anyone noticed any worms in there MGOPM? Just regular red wigglers. So far I found 2 in my emersed set up, thought they had come from the bit of dirt I had taken from outside, but now, I've found one with only MGOPM. They couldn't of came from anywhere but the potting mix. The only things in there is some black sand that's been sitting for a year, plants straight from my 29 gallon, and the potting mix.

Just weird thought I'd see if any one else ran into that.

#3 ·
If you are finding earthworms (annelids) in your potting mix, I'd consider that a good sign.

As far as nematodes, I've heard that the are so numerous they effectively cover every surface, and that most are just microscopically small, so we don't ever see them (kinda like how bacteria are on everything, I guess).

I imagine it would be easy enough for an earthworm to find it's way into the potting mix, either in the production/packaging, or while it's sitting around (especially if it's in contact with the ground).

And, hey - free fishfood! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.