The Planted Tank Forum banner

Albuquerque

16K views 162 replies 14 participants last post by  skywhitney 
#1 ·
Wish we had a decent LFS here... Clark's is pure garbage, and their plants carry all kinds of nasty stuff and the only other decent shop is a reef only shop. :icon_frow very disappointing but at least we have an awesome site like this to keep the hobby alive here in alb!

If there is anyone else here in Albuquerque we should try to meet up sometime and talk tanks!

#107 · (Edited)
As for a date for the actual meeting i'm gonna throw out the 27th or 28th. Thoughts?

Have a happy and safe 4th everyone! Here's hoping some moron doesn't burn down our state tonight...

#110 ·
Hi all!
Not in Albuquerque but in the East Mountains and would love to meet with fellow water plant lovers. Are you open for others to join you? Not on here very often because of other interests that keepme busy but will check in more often now that I know there are other dry/high dessert water gardeners on here. I have a 90g that I am having fits with since we moved to the east mountains from town 2.5 years ago. I just can't seem to get my water stable. We are on a community well system and the water seems to change greatly. Never thought I would say that I miss the city water!

#112 ·
Hi all!
Not in Albuquerque but in the East Mountains and would love to meet with fellow water plant lovers. Are you open for others to join you? Not on here very often because of other interests that keepme busy but will check in more often now that I know there are other dry/high dessert water gardeners on here. I have a 90g that I am having fits with since we moved to the east mountains from town 2.5 years ago. I just can't seem to get my water stable. We are on a community well system and the water seems to change greatly. Never thought I would say that I miss the city water!
We would love to have you join us!

What about your water is changing?

#113 ·
That works for me too! Anyone else able to make it or not?

Sorry about the lack of communication this month everyone. Life has gotten kinda busy.

#122 ·
The best plants you can get will come from the people on this forum.

No LFS anywhere could offer you the variety, quality and convenience of all there is to offer in the way of plants and, often, hardware. That is not even mentioning the knowledge and help that is only a post away.

TPT rules!!
Bill

#128 ·
Thanks. I'm actually out in Eldorado, although I work in Santa Fe (proper). Anaheim, CA --> Irvine, CA --> Livermore, CA --> Santa fe, NM. I transitioned so it wasn't a total shock :-D

I'm already planning my tank in my head! I need to first clear out reef livestock and lots of gear, then see about converting my sump into a wet-dry.

#131 ·
Albuquerque Meet Up

I hope that I am responding to the correct post. I hope this is the one about a club meet up on July 28 from 2:30-3. Has anyone decided on a location yet? Keep me posted, please. I have a lunch time meeting as well but would like to go to this meeting as well.

Gotta go to an exercise club within 10 minutes. Let me know....

#132 ·
I hope that I am responding to the correct post. I hope this is the one about a club meet up on July 28 from 2:30-3. Has anyone decided on a location yet? Keep me posted, please. I have a lunch time meeting as well but would like to go to this meeting as well.

Gotta go to an exercise club within 10 minutes. Let me know....
This is the correct post. No place has been decided yet that I have seen.

we are open for suggestions. I'm going to refrain since there is a chance I won't be able to make it.

#134 ·
So due to lack of attendees and organization we're probably going to call a "No Go" for the meeting tomorrow. As far as i know there was only 1 or 2 people who were able to make it anyway.

With that being said and sticking to the same scheduling convention the next meeting would be on August 25th, 2012 at 2pm. Scheduling this now should give everyone sufficient notice to be able to make the meeting if possible. Any objections?

#137 ·
I should be able to make that one. :icon_smil Sorry I haven't been on in a while because I've been trying to finish summer school so I can graduate by the end up the year and working full time so I haven't had a lot of play time and my tank has gotten kind of out of control and need some serious maintenance... Hopefully I will see you guys there.

#140 ·
Hey everyone,

just wanted to remind you all that the next meeting is August 25th, 2012 at 2pm. I'm going to recommend the Starbucks on San Mateo and I-25 as our location unless there are other ideas. Let me know who will be able to attend!

-Sky

#141 ·
Hey all, just discovered TPT site. I am also in the ABQ area and am starting my first 30 gal tank after playing with bettas/shrimp/tetras in a 2.5 gal for about a year. Was there a consensus on the previous posts on where I could go to get healthy fish from an educated LFS? Clark's is outrageously expensive...

#142 ·
They're pretty much the only ones around town that have any idea what they're talking about IME. My friend swears by the petsmart on Montgomery and I25 though.

#145 ·
Wished I could make it, Zambia, South Africa is along way away, won't be back until late on Sunday. Petco on Eubank and Lomas by the Target is not to bad, the fish guy is pretty knowledgeable and they have some shrimps. Clarks does have the best selection of drift wood though.

#146 ·
Unfortunately I regret to inform that I am considering letting my 55gallon go because I have had very little time to take care of it with working full time and more than full time at school and it has gone down hill a bit. =l If anyone is interested on this thread let me know. I have it up for $450 which I feel is pretty reasonable considering it has everything you need plus more. If I don't get around that I might just keep it and try again once I graduate in December. Pm me if anyone is interested, knows someone interested or wants to know some specs. =l

#149 ·
Hello

Hello, all. I am a long-time reef keeper but have never kept a planted tank. I just joined this forum to learn about what it takes to start a planted tank. Looking at some of the tanks here, I'm envious of the relative peace in a planted tank. So green, too!

I've subscribed to this post in case there's a club meet in the future. Hope to meet some of you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.