The Planted Tank Forum banner

When to dose ferts?

5K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Ptyochromis 
#1 ·
I have a heavily planted 29g. Stocking is 2xkribensis, 9xendlers 1xblk phantom tetra, 8 glass shrimp and 3nerites + MTS. I just got over a BGA/diatom issue in my tank that was caused by a lack of flow.

Lighting is a 34" 30W t8 and a 26" 20W T8
The tank:

I was wondering how will I know when I need to dose ferts? I have flourish comprehensive suppliment that I used on a previous tank; a 20L with way too much light, that I ruined. Now Im afraid to dose ferts. I have a sword (maybe?), that ends of it's leaves are turning translucent and loosing color.
Here is the plant:

Is this just old leaves or a deficiency?

Also, the dwarf sag (I think) in the foreground, I have had for about a year now and it hasn't done anything. I always thought they spread rather quickly via runners.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Dosing Liquid Ferts

Hello P...

I dose my liquid every week when I do my water changes. I just add the appropriate amount to the new water. I've started using hydroponics liquids. My plants really do well with it. I dose it in my biotope tank, too. I attached a pic.

B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.