The Planted Tank Forum banner

Anyone from NW Indiana?

Tags
ronnie
11K views 61 replies 34 participants last post by  thebuddha 
#1 ·
anyone from the nw Indiana region? would be nice to pass back and forth experiences from the lfs's around here.

#11 ·
i live in Portage - i have had 2 successful reef tanks for the past 2 years. I have recently decided to jump into FW planted - currently looking at an empty canvas (50 gal qtr cylinder) i would like to make a few visits and gather a little experience from local folks. Coming from a world where light and flow are king i see i have alot to learn.:icon_bigg

#15 ·
Hi evryone I am origanlly from Tipton IN and I now live in Arlington TX. I just wanted to try and stay in touch with other planted tanks people in IN. I did exstinsive collecting while I lived in the Hoosier state so if anyone needs help in finding somthin in the wild please let me know. I miss the 90 degree days, cause it's 108 here. There is a great amount of wild life in the Hoosier state, that can be of use to the planted tank person. I am planning on a May trip to Tipton to visit friens and also collect some plants. Look forward to hearing from everyone.

#23 ·
As far as good LFS near by in NW Indiana, I agree that the Ark is it. Been out of the hobby for a bit, but I know there are also some nice LFS over in Illinois though a bit further away. One in particular stands out in my mind, but I can't for the life of me remember the name! They had a ton of tanks & some pretty big ones at that & maybe a waterfall of a sort inside as well?

#24 ·
took the hour and a half drive to check out the arc 2day. must say im impressed but fish prices seemed a little high to me. i had many questions and was able to get all questions answered as to why my blood stargrass leaves turned to mush cept at the bases. turns out that while i am using ferts i wasnt dosing correctly and they walked me step by step as how to read the water test kits.( i brought a sample of tank water with me) and how to dose accordingly. cant remember the guys name that helped me out but he assures me with the right dosing my stargrass will be fine(thank god). i was able to put an order in for a gold nugget pleco(L-18) and cant wait to make that drive again.!!!! he also suggested that i start a tank log book which i have done going back to when i first started the tank. any one in that area are lucky to have a pet store like that.

#25 ·
You probably spoke to John. He is the owners son but is kinda a douche. I used to go there frequently til he told one of the other employees I am a time waster. I asked a lot of questions and probably at that point spent at least 1500.00 in their store. To only be called a time waster. Screw those guys. I drive up to Bolingbrook IL now where the selection is better and they always have 40% off sales

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.