The Planted Tank Forum banner

Aluka's Growing Crypt Addiction

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  rich v 
#1 · (Edited)
I got some random crypts when i was setting up my mr aqua 11 for my tibees and it has grown beautifully.

It also caused me to fall deeply in love with crypts =D! So I was trying to show some restain and started a MINI emersed crypt tank, with my signature a 2.5 gallon. lol

Sadly that only lasted a week =(. I ended up taking down my pfr tank and starting a bigger emersed tank... lol. Its a 26x10x7, its about 8 gallons.

=D Obsessions developing!

Current Crypt List (updated 9/17/14):

Cryptocoryne Nurii "Pahang Mutated" Source: Tony
Cryptocoryne Nurii "Pahang Mutated" Source: Han (trying to compare, since this one is so much taller than Tony's)
Cryptocoryne Beckettii Source: George
Cryptocoryne Petchii Source: George
Cryptocoryne x Willisii Source: Wasserpest
​Cryptocoryne Affinis "Metallic Red" Source: Hobbes1911
Cryptocoryne Longicauda 'Pudin Besar' Source: Bill
Cryptocoryne Fusca 'Wongo' Source: Bill
Cryptocoryne Bullosa 'Pakan' Source: Bill
Cryptocoryne Bullosa 'Sarawak' Source: Bill
Cryptocoryne Dewitii 'Kiunga Forest' Source: Bill

See less See more
#3 ·
OMG that's alot of Crypts. I can't wait to see how they fill out.

#5 ·
Very nice blog you are starting. Just remember that the rarer plants you are getting into are rare because it is more difficult to satisfy their needs or they have not been in distribution in North America.
Read all you can from certain Crypt blog from around the world, apply all your chemical and biological science knowledge and....remain persistent. You will find a most rewarding hobby at the end of the rainbow....beautiful flowers and a feeling of success with these fickle creatures!

Affinis 'Metallic Red' below.
Bill

Attachments

#7 ·
They have arrived!!! They are sooooo beautiful!

The two bullosa are so gorgeous, I love the pink on the pakan. The dewitti is such a pretty green! Bill was even nice enough to include some leaf mold! I didn't realize i was supposed to microwave them first. There are worms!! lol i had to pull all the crypts in them and microwave it lol.

I'm so greedy!! I saw my friend's crypts and now i want what he brought too! wishlisted!!

Here they are:

#8 ·
I don't blame you for your crypt obsession. Mine have melted grown back and melted only to come back stronger. I only have three kinds but each is unique. Now that I know their flowers look like carnivorous plants, I am that more obsessed. (Love pitcher plants already!). I look forward to your updates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.