The Planted Tank Forum banner

GCCA Swap Meet - April 27th

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  PlantedTankLover 
#1 · (Edited)
Greater Chicago Cichlid Association is having a Swap Meet!

Sunday, April 27th
10:00am-2:00pm

Best Western Plus
4400 Frontage Rd
Hillside, IL 60162

GCCA's Swap Meet is a great place to buy fish, plants, food, equipment and more!

• Buy directly from the breeder and make your best deal!
• Four times a year these fish swaps have the largest selection of fish available in the Midwest
• Find fish that you can't find at any local fish store.
• This is the one biggest selections of fish in the United States
• Most vendors sell fish that they raise themselves.
• Take a look at our classifieds to see a preview at what the vendors are bringing
• Arrive early for the best selection!

Entry fee:
$5 for everyone
Kids under 15 free with an Adult admission
All sales are exclusively between buyer and seller. Ask sellers about their refund policy.

For more info: click here
Vendor List: click here
Swap Layout: click here

See less See more
#14 ·
I got there about 10:20, it was already packed.
Lots of cool fish.

But not a fan of these swaps. With barely any room to move, and more than a handful of the people needing basic bathing tips, makes for a very uncomfortable experience. But i did get some cherries and some frozen bloodworms at a good price

#18 ·
The tight quarters is a def upset bit I found some awesome driftwood, crystal red shrimp, some bolbitis and 2 awesome.e pearlscale angelfish. With all the positives tho comes the negatives of pushy rude people pushing my little girlfriend out of the way, the body odor, and the heat from all the people packed in the small rooms. This was my first swap and i think its an awesome event and I enjoyed it. I hope they find a bigger room or hall to hold these events in the future though!

#19 ·
It was my first swap meet. An interesting experience. Glad to see so many enthusiasts. However the place was way too small. It got very warm within minutes of the start.

The swap meet might work better for people who already know exactly what they want. I was hoping to browse and pick up things I find interesting but it wasn't the right environment for that.

Still, I'm glad the organizers take the time to do this. I'll most likely return next time.

#20 ·
It looked to me that there were a lot less people at this current swap than the last 2 or 3. You think it was bad this time you should have seen it the last couple of times.
I made sure not to wear a coat so I would'nt be one of the BO people this time--it really gets hot in there fast.
Got some great deals too--and don't forget most vendors are willing to lower their price if you just ask.

Already can't wait for the next swap.

See Ya'll There

#21 ·
I actually didnt go to this one because of how crowded it was the last 2 times. They need a bigger location, it's way to crowded. I'm glad I'm not the only one bothered by the BO smell. Makes me feel like I'm in a video game store. Barf!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.