The Planted Tank Forum banner

Chattanooga - Bermuda Triangle

10K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  HD Blazingwolf 
#1 ·
I frequently travel to Chattanooga to visit my sister and brother-in-law there and had noticed this shop as we passed it every time on the way to their house. They are located on 7550 East Brainerd Rd, south of I-24. It's not a huge shop, but looks can be deceiving. Extremely clean with a good variety of fresh and saltwater. I saw some Boesman's rainbows, German Blue Rams; cardinal tetras; and yo-yo loaches among other things. Fish that really should be common but are nevertheless impossible to find in my area (Birmingham, AL.) The ratio was probably 60/40 fresh to salt (hard to tell exactly since the SW tanks are bigger.) They also had a very nice tank of plants for sale, where I picked up a couple of small pots of glosso. When I made my choice the gentleman who was waiting on me asked me how much light I had which indicated to me that they a)know their stuff and b)are concerned about their customer's satisfaction rather than making a sale. There wasn't a speck of algae in the sale plant tank that I could see and everything in there was a nice healthy color. There was a separate, low-light tank which held java fern and java moss.

#30 ·
Thanks

If you mean the spring, yes I did. It looked great but the very fine screen I used to keep the sand & gravel from getting in the plumbing got stopped up, so I just turned it off. I think to perfect that you'd have to set up a test tank & work out how to do it so it would be reliable long term.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.