The Planted Tank Forum banner

HELP!! How do I resize photos and get them to post

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Alex 
#1 ·
HELP!....got some pics for my tank but cant figure out how to resize them and make them smaller....the file sizes say 500kb and 75 is the biggest for the site...any help would be appreciated!

Mike

#2 ·
You will need some kind of image editor, which will let you crop and resize your images, as well as do all kinds of changes to them.
There might be free and shareware programs, then there are cheap ones in the $50 - $100 range, like Paint Shop Pro or Picture It or some good ones from Adobe, and if you are a pro you will use Photoshop, which relieves you of about $600.

OH NO, not another hobby :lol:

#3 ·
I actually have the Adobe photoshop given to me by a guy in japan who upgraded....will upload and see if I can edit in the meantime im gonna try to upload an image!

Mike

#6 ·
Just installed adobe 6.0...not sure how this worked out but i posted a pic of the setup under Mike's 100 Gallon here in this forum. Not sure how I did it though...LOL...just kept hitting buttons

LOL

#7 ·
When you save a picture as a JPG in PS (photoshop), it will ask you what image quality, or more to the point, compression you would like. This is one way. Then there is cropping (look for a tutorial for that), and image size ("Image", "Image Size..." then adjust the dimensions there)

Sorry for turning this into a computer forum :D
Just remember that tutorials for photoshop are abundant and shouldn't be hard to find.

--cich

#8 ·
Cich,

Appreciate your help. Right now just going to save as and save for internet and adjusting quality so it meets the limits.

mike :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.