The Planted Tank Forum banner

co2??? Questions on a 10

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  percula3 
#1 ·
Hello, everyone. I am quite new to planted tanks. I want to start a 10 gallon. I have no idea what a "co2 thing :icon_redf is so would somebody please tell me! But I would like to know what equipment I would need, and some low light, nice, hardy plants that I could have. I would probably have a couple tetras. Any information is apprciated!!! Thank you in advance. I also need to do this on a budget, I am 11 years old. :icon_lol: :proud:

#2 ·
If you are totally new to planted tanks, I would say don't worry about the CO2 yet. There are a lot of techniques discussed here that help plants grow faster, bigger and greener, but that doesn't mean that you need them to start a planted tank.
Start with the basics... a substrate, perhaps a bag of Eco-complete or Fluorite, and some light, maybe around 20W (fluorescent), and some hardy plants like Anubias, Java ferns, etc, and you should be off to a good start.
Once you get bored watching them plants, start reading about CO2 in 10 gal tanks, fertilizers, etc, all good stuff but not necessary from the start!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.