The Planted Tank Forum banner

Measureing Spoons

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  m00se 
#1 ·
Where can I get measuring spoons that go as small at 1/32?

I need spoon to start my dry dosing EI etc.

Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Hi tylergvolk,

Look up "DASH SMIDGEN PINCH" on google, set of three for $4 to $12. Linens and Things has them for about $11. I think I got mine at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for about $7 with 20% off coupon.

Dash = 1/8 tsp
Pinch = 1/16 tsp
Smidgen = 1/32 tsp

#10 ·
Instead of getting measuring spoons, why don't you pick up a weight scale from amazon. Best investment I made and very reliable. Just figure out how much of each fertilizer to dose using Yet Another Nutrient Calculator and you are set. You can then buy one of those weekly pill cases and measure it out for each day and just dump in that day's fertilizer. DONE

#12 ·
Hi shinycard255,

I agree a digital scale is nice but certainly not a necessity. When I started in the hobby I bought one because my first dosing method was PPS-Pro and I needed a scale to weigh the chemicals to mix the macro and micro solutions.

With the EI method I dose most of my nutrients dry, so the scale just sits there most of the time. However I do like to dose my CSM+B in liquid form so I use the scale once every 4 months to mix up new micro solution.

The pill container idea is good; but couldn't you use the spoons to fill the compartments faster than weighing?

#15 ·
I went to Micheals which is a arts and crafts store and I bought 4 small containers that are screw top and 4 larger container to hold the bulk of the fertilizer.

I also order small measuring spoons off eBay.

I should be good to go for Monday when I start to dose my tanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.