#1 · (Edited)
Latest Photo:

-----------------------------

History (decending order):

-----------------------------

Build:

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
So after the 1+ year of learning on my 40G breeder through all the great info from this community and it's members I felt it was time to apply my knowledge to a new project. This new setup will be replacing my 40G breeder as I slowly break it down and transplant the things that I plan to keep (fauna/flora/equipment). The new parts are still in their boxes, but I'll be spending the weekends working on patiently and doing things the 'right way' (whatever that's supposed to mean)... :tongue::smile:

The parts are here, and the new scape will begin soon. Thanks to a lot of you guys for contributing at various points of this money-pit build... Apologies for the candid i4 photo quality snaps. :D

Do!Aqua 90P Thanks to the SFBAAPS crew!

ADA Solar Light Stand

ADA Garden Stand Metallic Silver 90P

Amazonia Aquasoil/Powersand M/MISC ADA glassware

ADA Solar I (this one admittedly makes my heart drop...)

Solar Stand Clamps (made in Japan I suppose...)

Time to go driftwood and plant shopping... :help:

#4 ·
I still can't believe how much value that ADA sticker adds to an item...

...but with regards to rimless tanks, its taken me about 1-1/2 years to transition from black plastic rim tanks to rimless tanks...I have a rimless glasscages tank, mr. aqua tank and a small acrylic tank (I still have some tanks with rims but they have been decommissioned and are in storage in garage)...i actually convinced my wifey to allow me to upgrade my mr. aqua 48 rimless; so now im in the market for either a 120p or a custom starphire 50"x20"x20" (approx. 85 gallons)

...one thing i should warn you about rimless tanks is the evaporation lines...my friends from my local club say if you use RO water there is less of an issue...i've been using drinking water so i haven't been burdened by it...but as a precautionary, every few days I just wipe up the top to remove anything I see

...and one of the best things i love about rimless tanks is that you can create scapes that will emerge from the surface and there is no black plastic rim to interfere with your view...CHECK THIS SCAPE OUT: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/a...-iwagumi-shallow-tank-memory.html#post1244725

...and i LOVE the audi wagons...if you ever get a chance drive an RS4 (i know its not a wagon)...it is unbelievable...i haven't had a chance to drive an s5/a5 though...there is a waiting list in my area for them...i have an SUV so it helps with large bulky things

#5 ·
Noted about the evap. lines! As for that link you sent, that's freakin' awesome. I'm looking at the new generation Audi's so unless they bring the new body RS4 to the US, I'll just be sticking with the standard A4 or S4 (if the deal is good). Too bad they don't offer the S4 wagon of the latest gen. in the US.

#7 ·
No idea yet, man. I was thinking of doing a center driftwood scape like the one that Amano has sampled in the new 'The Book of ADA' 2010 issue. After thinking it through, though, I'm thinking I wanna do some nature hiking with my SLR and find some inspiration on my own. I'm definitely leaning more towards a scape with driftwood and stone.

For rimless tanks, I hear the Mr. Aqua ones are quite good and are also very well priced, take a look at those for starters. They're lower priced than the $400-$500 90P Do!Aqua and ADA rimless tanks, for sure.

#13 ·
Thanks a bunch for the motivation guys!

problemman - Nothing yet, kinda taking my time to find all the right pieces of driftwood...

theblondeskeleton - Yah man, the 90P has some nice depth to it, which is something my 40G right now, totally lacks. I hope this all works out in the end... :D

#18 ·
You know, I got some of it from a friend and I haven't asked to know exactly which one it is, since I'm pretty new to crypts. It looks a LOT like Cryptocoryne nevilli though...

Here's a photo of it in the background of my gf's 60P:

Can anybody chime in to ID this crypt?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.