The Planted Tank Forum banner

Start of my first planted tank

26K views 165 replies 29 participants last post by  Neatfish 
#1 ·
This thread will be for my first planted tank. I already got all the stuff to get this done except co2. Equipment: 29g tank with hood, t8 light, big bag of Eco complete, root tabs, dwarf hair grass, bacopa, aquatop cf400-Uv canister filter, 29g wood stand. Tomorrow I'm going to get the stand built and by the night it should be ready to plant. I been reading for months about this stuff now it's time for hands on. I welcome any tips to help me have a nice planted tank. Maybe a nice piece of drift wood in the middle with some moss growing off it like a tree. I'm going for that carpet look maybe some tall grass toward the back.

#155 ·
Nice tank. Not really feeling the pots but to each his own. My only suggestion would be to just let the plants grow. You seem to move everything around a lot and change stuff because its not how you want it. Figure out how you want it to look and give it a few months or so to grow in and I think you will be much more satisfied. This is just my opinion though so please don't take it as me being rude.

#156 ·
Hey man! Just a suggestion:

get rid of those pots and white pebbles! ;)
Hehe!

Why don't you find some nice sized rocks an test them with vinegar to see if they're safe? Make sure they are the same kind of rock to have context.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.