The Planted Tank Forum banner

post your local tank(s)

60K views 752 replies 52 participants last post by  longgonedaddy 
#1 ·
ok, i know a lot of people are like me, too lazy for a journal...lol so i figured i would start a post where you can post a pic of your tank(s) without having to add specs and such. let's just call this a PA photo gallery. here are mine :

my 55. took this a few days ago, and it is different already..lol

my 20L grow tank. (almost empty after today)

my emersed bin

8gal Ebi... blue pearls and malawa shrimp

my 125
FTS

left side

right side

silly mts thinks it's a plumb bob....lol

that's all for now. enjoy folks, and post your tanks!!:bounce:

See less See more
#181 ·
I agree with a few exceptions. I can plant any of my dirt tanks without making too much of a mess. And planting in the stratum takes finesse. If you slam plants in, you're gonna cloud it up. But if you are gentle and use pinsettes, piece of cake. But van isn't going to plant these tanks, so it's a non-issue.
How's the crypt tank coming along dan? Ready for a couple rare ones?

#187 ·
How's the crypt tank coming along dan? Ready for a couple rare ones?
I tore down my 55 grow-out tank and spread the plants around in my other tanks. Still have a lot of stuff floating that i'm not sure what to do with cause i'm out of room.
Haven't set up anything for the crypts - not ready for any new plants yet.

If anyone wants a beat up 55 its free if you can pick up before the weekend. Otherwise its going out with the yardsale stuff on Saturday.

#185 ·
Nothing fancy. Just added some moss after new water added. Need to make a PVC overflow for draining. Filling is not an issue with the fluval stratum since new water is filled through the middle of the foam.

Picture taken with phone camera. Will break out the big camera once the new CRS in.

#186 ·
Hey guys,

Drexel student here. Standard 55 with 48" T5NO 2 bulb fixture housed in a piece of gutter. Fluval 305 and Tetra Whisper EX30 Filters. No Co2, so I do get some algae, mainly BBA on the equipment and on some crypts. 2 GBRs, 2 Bolivian Rams, 14 Harlequin Rasboras, 10 Albino Cories, 2 ember tetras, 3 Guppys and 2 Oto's that rarely come out.
Lots of plants that I think include African Green Hygro, Sunset hygro, Anubias Nana, Hygrophyla corymbosa "stricta",Limnophila sessiliflora, Red Root Floater, Frogbit, Hygrophyla polysperma.

This is my first real planted tank. The fish seem happy and healthy, they all eat well and I haven't had any deaths or diseases since I set it up. The cories lay eggs every month and the GBRs spawned last week. They ended up eating the eggs but I hear that's normal for the first go around.

Thanks for taking a look!

Bill

Attachments

#199 ·
Hey guys,

Quick question. I'm getting large amounts of dead, ragged leaves floating in my tank each morning. Also, many of my plants lower leaves are yellow and covered in holes. Any ideas as to why this is happening? The growth on the upper leaves look good.

Thanks
Bill

#203 ·
Lighting should be fine depending on exactly what plants you're trying to grow. Should be enough for most stems though. Definitely thinking nutrient deficiency. Those root tabs only last 3-4 months really. You should put new tabs in and consider added some nutrients to the water.

#204 ·
I root tab every 6 weeks, but i have a bunch of crypts. Eco complete is good for about 6 months or so, then you need to dose ferts. Start with dosing flourish comprehensive and add new tabs. Give that a couple weeks and see how it goes. Also should consider dosing excel. If you want an extremely low maintenance, consider pulling the eco-complete up and dirting the tank with eco as a cap. It can be done in one day without too much fuss.

#205 ·
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll order more root tabs. And I have Flourish Comprehensive, Iron, and Trace. Prob won't pull up the EC only because this tank is only going to be up for 2-3 more months when I move. At that point I'll prob go dirt on the 50 gallon I'm starting. How important is getting some excel?

Thanks
Bill

#209 ·
current main focus is my 20L derimmed

here is my 75 gallon while I was still doing DIY CO2

pressurized

5 gallon

55 gallon I keep a breeding group of aulonocara in non CO2

first fish tank and first planted tank

29 gallon

my 2 year old sons tank

#211 ·
all of the tanks in the pictures were grown using my ferts, except the first one of the 75 gallon when it was still DIY CO2, and the 29 gallon, they were both grown using seachem, however I was dosing at higher than recommended levels than on the bottle

I am working on a non carbon form of my Micro and Macro that is being used on the 20L, it will be ment for people who prefer heavier dosing or just do not use carbon suppliments

#214 ·
i would definitely be interested in a fert without carbon since i am blasting so much co2 into my tank with a power head to chop it up. and quite frankly, i'm tired of buying comprehensive and all the micros separate. i like the idea of 2 bottles. especially since i'm sure seachem will come up with another product we absolutely need soon anyway. yes, less is certainly more there.

and did i happen to mention, i prefer buying local, i think it is better to be able to have an actual interaction from time to time than just emails

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.