The Planted Tank Forum banner

Need low water change version of EI, med light , co2

913 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jeffww 
#1 ·
I'm in a dorm so water changes are super inconvenient for me. Can someone point to me a good formula? I normally dose EI at home but here I'd prefer not to.

My subs is ADA AS.

I have on me KNO3, KHPO4, K2SO4, CSM +B, Ferrous gluconate, GH booster (CaSO4, K2SO4, MgSO4 mix).

#2 ·
#3 ·
It's a 5g tank since that's as large as they'll let me have. My 60p at home has been relegated to extremely low light/no ferts anubias duty.

Is there a problem with using these methods to dose a small tank? I have access to some fine balances so I can make liquid concoctions rather easily (which was what I did at home). Weekly 10-20% are fine for me..it just becomes a problem with 50%. Dumping out 2g of water every week on top of my frequent top offs draws a lot of unwatnted attention.

#4 ·
Emersing Land Plants

I'm in a dorm so water changes are super inconvenient for me. Can someone point to me a good formula? I normally dose EI at home but here I'd prefer not to.

My subs is ADA AS.

I have on me KNO3, KHPO4, K2SO4, CSM +B, Ferrous gluconate, GH booster (CaSO4, K2SO4, MgSO4 mix).
Hello Jeff...

There are some land plants you can emerse in the tank that will purify the water, so you don't have to do any water changes. The plants just need the leaves kept above water and require nothing but ambient light.

No special ferts are needed, simply have some fish in the tank.

B

#5 · (Edited)
The problem is that since it's a high tech tank, ferts are pretty necessary. Lots of weedy plants like hydrocotyl and rotala. I just remembered reading about a low wc version of ei but didnt remember where i saw it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.