The Planted Tank Forum banner

Fluval Spec V Lighting

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Pottifer 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good upgrade light I could get for my Fluval Spec V. The stock light is a bit weak for what I want to do with the tank. Was going for some plants that require higher light. If anyone knows something I could order or maybe a DIY remedy that would be awesome. I know it's a fairly new tank but I thought I'd ask in case anyone has come across a fix. Thanks!!!

Drew

#4 ·
Yeah I just got it about a week ago. It was on sale at petsmart and my girlfriend gave me a gift card for there, so I figured I'd try it out. I really like it so far but the light is a bit weak. It fits perfect on my computer desk next to my dual monitors. I spend a lot of time at my computer so I really wanted a nano for it and this is working great. Very happy with it so far.

Drew

#8 ·
What do you like more? The double bright or single? I was thinking about getting one of those but i have read some reviews where a couple of the leds go out pretty quickly. But then again they are just petsmart reviews haha. Let me know if the double bright is TOO much light haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.