The Planted Tank Forum banner

Best Philly/PA LFS For Plants

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  The Trigger 
#1 ·
I'll be crossing into PA towards Centre County, and would like some opinions on what the best LFS is with the widest display selection of plants. I've place That Pet Store on the list, but would GREATLY appreciate your opinions on other options

Thanks

#2 ·
Plants are hit or miss. Captain Nemo's has a decent selection and every now and then will have some hard to find plants.

Believe it or not, Petco's have some good crypts and anubias at good prices in stock. Upper Darby, Ardmore, and KOP suprised me. Nothing fancy...nothing rare...but for crypts and anubias...not bad.

Premium Aquatics in Newark DE will also have some plants...hit or miss...but the people are friendly and can order most stuff for you.

Lastly, Aquarium Center in Jersey is worth a shot. Not too far out of philly across the bridge. I reallly like this store.

#6 ·
Yea just hit up the swap and shop section on here. I just bought 15 blyxa for $15 shipped. (I know you were giving them away Bill, but I think I read somewhere you were waiting until they grew out again?) So I just picked some up anyway. Gonna stick them in the 30 gallon tank in my room since the only thing I have in there right now is dirty gravel, half dead chain sword and a ton of duckweed. Not to mention the new betta I got that's running the whole tank haha

#15 ·
captian nemos wich has changed its name but i call it that too. does get great plants. and a couple rare to very rare ones. for one day. they sell so fast. if your not there when they unpack the boxes then forget it. im there all the time and even i cant get them. they are like ghosts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.