The Planted Tank Forum banner

Show me your Spec!

186K views 511 replies 179 participants last post by  RWaters 
#1 ·
Just got mine put together, not ready for a pic quite yet, what for the cloudyness..

I'll show you mine if you show me your Fluval Spec. :]

#315 ·
Need a plant suggestion for my Spec. Stock light no co2 only use root tabs. I really dont like java fern very much. It always looks like it is dying to me. I already have some anubias. I was thinking of growing a moss wall but what else could grow with basically no upkeep?

#318 ·
newb SpecV

Great looking tanks, I need to work on plant diversity.....

Yeah, I used larger size gravel. I'm just a planted tank newb on the attack.

I've been enjoying it though. It's great to have there to look at and it works well for taking the mind off work for a moment.

I was thinking of redoing it with new substrate. Do you think I would risk a cycle crash? It's been established for about 3 months.

Attachments

#320 · (Edited)
New member, My spec

My no-substrate leaf litter Fluval Spec 3. Waiting for more tannins to leech.

Taken with phone camera, will upload a better one later. This camera does no justice ):

Also have a question. I bought the Fluval CFL 11w 6400k light fixture recently, but i am seeing everyone else using the 13w 6700k EBI light. I am wondering if the fixture if the same and just a different lamp (in which case I can just buy a replacement 13w lamp and fit that) or are they different and unable to use with my fitting?

Attachments

#327 ·
2 gal Set Up

Here's the spec I set up over a year ago, I just finally got back to this page!

The fish are goldfish fry that are growing out and will be moved soon to a larger tank-(I have a 360 gal pond with goldfish- they will join the others in the spring).

This is a very low tech- no frets, no tabs, nothing! Standard lights, with tahiti sand. One nana petite, and a Windelov fern.

I literally top off the tank and feed the fry every week and scrape some algea, but really no maintenance at all.

Attachments

#330 ·
Here's mine, not a good pic taken off my phone but its all I got right now! I'm jealous of you with the V, I bought mine when they first came out so that one wasn't available yet.. love the shape of it. Anywho mine is a native tank, literally everything in it I've collected personally. I have a potting mix substrate capped with sugar sand. Plants are dwarf hairgrass, water velvet and dwarf water lettuce. I also have one ghost shrimp and a female least killi along with a couple snails. Looking forward to see how it grows in and hopefully soon ill manage to catch a couple more h. Formosa and shrimp!

#331 · (Edited)
Forgot to say julesj93 I love the leaf litter! I tried diligently to start a Blackwater tank with a 29g I had but I had nothing but problems. Apparently southern oak leaves are different and riddled with crap because no matter how many times I soaked, washed, rinsed and boiled it always created a nasty cloudy goop. I'd still love to manage one some day.

Just edited post.. sorry i got wrong name! I was thinking Kamco because I love the "island" type design in your spec!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.