The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eheim Pimp

16K views 107 replies 20 participants last post by  Momotaro 
#1 ·
I just purchased a new 2215 and love it. It's quiet as a mouse.

So now that I have joined the club, what does it take to receive pimp status?

#3 ·
Didn't Eheim make the booster pumps for the shuttle? :D

ninoboy said:
I think you just did :D . I wonder what could possibly been done on Eheim filters that make them so quiet and other companies can't duplicate them. It's not really rocket science.

#4 ·
To make Eheim pimp status you have to tell everyone about them and how much better they are than all the leading brands and at every single opportunity.

Just like now, they are the Roller of the canister filter world, quiet, great looking, easy to maintain, designed for long duration, hardly ever breakdown.

So if you do something like that at every opportunity you can; you will be a real Eheim pimp just like me. :D

Paul

#5 ·
Great Filter, I would also like to be in the Pimp Club

#8 ·
Thanks for the pimp status. Now I will preach to the uninformed masses and convert the heathen.

#9 ·
George Willms said:
There goes Mike letting everyone be an Eheim pimp again. Where's the proof, I say?
Mike's a pushover, anybody can be in the pimp squad according to him.. :)
I'd like to join, I have a 2213 and a 2215 and they are the best cannisters around.. :) Does anybody else say eheim like they are shouting a german slogan?

Matt

#10 ·
I think we should establish some rules to be in the Eheim Pimp club. Personally I have been saying things about Eheim for years, had the filters for at least 17 years. Love all their products.

So now for rules, what does everybody think? And like George said we have to have the proof, maybe some pics of your filters.

One must walk around with a copy of their manual in their back pocket, like some sort of bible, which can be thrust out at a moments notice to attest to the worth of the mighty Eheim. :lol:

Come on lets see how crazy we can get.

Paul

#11 ·
rumples riot said:
One must walk around with a copy of their manual in their back pocket, like some sort of bible, which can be thrust out at a moments notice to attest to the worth of the mighty Eheim. :lol:
Only a True Eheim Pimp would know that manual could quite possibly be the worst manual ever written.

Matt

#12 ·
Yes, but only the true pimp knows that the badly written manual is really coded to prevent the other canister users from ever understanding the real miracle of the Eheim equipment. Hallaloyah, praise be the Eheim in all its mighty splender and glory, long may it rain over the other inferior pieces of equipment.

Think I might go and sit in front of the shrine and make many praises to the Eheim God for giving me the forsight and good sense to purchase Eheim. :)

Paul

#13 ·
Some of us had to walk down the wrong path several times. I started with a HOB, went to a Magnum, then Fluval. Once I hooked up the Ehiem, I saw the error of my ways.

#14 ·
Thooshe said:
Some of us had to walk down the wrong path several times. I started with a HOB, went to a Magnum, then Fluval. Once I hooked up the Ehiem, I saw the error of my ways.
And had you bought a Filstar you would still have money for plants...Heheheheh "Jason is now running for door being chased by angry mob"
:shock:

Jason

#17 ·
Ehiem Pimp squad....I like it.. Pimp patches, pimp coffee mugs,There may be some marketing in this craze!

#18 ·
Hail the new president with such an orderly spare parts division.

I have the following.

Eheim surface extractor
2 x 2026 pro 2
1 x 2224
1 x 1250 centrifugal pump
2 X Eheim ball powerheads
and numerous spare parts and tubing accessories.

Think I qualify!

Paul

#20 ·
peasants are not allowed to have an opinion, all hail the Eheim God, such heresay; off with his head.

Paul

#21 ·
I nominate myself to be in charge of admitting/denying new members on the basis that Mike just hands out the title to anyone who owns an Eheim! It defaces the value of being an Eheim pimp, for 'tis no easy task. It is not easy to convince the great unwashed masses that the Eheim's are worth all that money. One must be of a certain mind to become a true Eheim pimp.

And yes, Wellbiz, you had better start running for the door! And as for Raul, I feel that he may be a lost cause. We have tried many times, yet he remains steadfast in his belief that there is something better than an Eheim out there. Sometimes it makes me wonder about his sanity.......

#22 ·
You guys are AWEsome!!! I can't wait until my tank grows up, so I can be an Eheimer too!

#26 ·
Raul-7 said:
I maybe insane, but what do you call someone who spends $200 on a filter... :wink:

Some one who cares about the quality of filtration on their tank and does not want a filter that sounds like a diesel Volkswagon. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.