The Planted Tank Forum banner

5 gallon planted journal

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  gudgeon_42 
#1 ·
I've had this 5 gal set up for close to 2 years now and decided to plant it out for the second time after a temporary resident ate all my plants close to a year ago. 1 photo per day for 7 days growing Asian Ambulia from small cuttings in a low tech tank dosing API leaf zone once a week, Ph 6.5, Lighting: Philips 6500k 14w cfl. water temp 24c. Yes i know 3 Peppered corys is technically over stocked but these fish are very happy and are always busy looking for food or breeding.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks for the comments. I am really surprised at the speed of the growth, It's like a weed on steroids! I need to learn how to take better photos of my tank. It looks so much better in real life.
I always say that too. It's like why can't I just get a picture to turn out good.

#8 ·
I'm not sure yet what i will do. I'm thinking of removing the cup and replacing it with a small piece of driftwood or a nice river stone. The cup was only really there for something for the catfish to go in when i didn't have plants. My only concern with driftwood is algae. Algae never touches my plants but it loves the glass, pump, heater etc. All very easy to clean off with a toothbrush but driftwood would be hard to clean. I'm open to suggestions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.