The Planted Tank Forum banner

What does everyone do as a job?

9K views 103 replies 89 participants last post by  Calmia22 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm an Applications Engineer at a software company. What about everyone else?

#16 ·
Bill collector--more or less--for a major financial group. The company puts a fancier name on it, and it's mostly investigative work in my department, but half my day is spent helping people figure out how to resolve their financial problems and the other half playing private detective/investigator tracking down the people (or the assets) when they refuse to work with us. Half my customers adore me, the other half hate me with a fiery passion. Keeps life interesting.

#18 ·
Landscape Designer, I do the same things as a Landscape Architect, but without the license.
I work for the longest established Landscape Contractor in the county. Most of the work we do is the construction part of whatever happens in the garden.
When there are no plans to do I also do materials procurement for the job sites.

#21 · (Edited)
In its basic sense I am a printer. I started out in the darkroom as a young teen and have pretty much done most of it. Cold type, hot type, letterpress, offset. Layout and design. Pre press equipment repair. Designed high intensity lighting systems for exposing plates. Photography. Learned on one of the first computerized typesetting systems. Even did detailed stripping jobs (no, it does not involve removing any clothing) and dot etching. I've testified on photo forgery. I still am in the darkroom. It's just called photoshop now. And 98% of what I use to do I now do digitally.
All that but always in the printing industry. I've sidelined as a chef's assistant in NYC for a while. Did some computer repair and programming too. Even had a refrigeration a/c company for a while as a sideline.

Now I am looking at my next career. Figuring on brain surgery. Looking at the level of intelligence I see around me how hard can it be?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.