The Planted Tank Forum banner

they are still dying

989 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Soothing Shrimp 
#1 ·
I posted before about my shrimp dying during molts. Thought maybe it was too much protein in the diet so I cut way back on what I was feeding the fish and started supplying zucchini. No changes, I'm down to maybe 4 shrimp :( it was weird because the Orange shrimp were my very first shrimp and they were doing great and are the last to start dying. The most recent had been the fire reds and they were the first to start dying. A couple babies have survived and grown up and become saddled themselves. Tds 124, ammonia 0, nitrate 0, nitrite 0. Temp is 76, gh 6drops, kh 4 drops. It's my eheim 9 gallon

#7 ·
Could your Badis have developed a taste for freshly molted shrimp? Your TDS looks a bit low to me, but I keep my neos in far harder water. Mine reproduce and thrive like cockroaches, I even find them breeding in my large Eheims on my Puffer tanks. Our water is 8.2 out of the tap.

#9 ·
TDS is too low. Make it over 220.What PH do you have. If it less than 7 you will have problems time to time. Zucchini is only water and fiber - like cucumber for us-no benefits at all. Try Kale, dandelion, spinach, nettle etc. What is your WC schedule,what %?

#10 ·
I do 50-70% each week. They aren't making it out of the shells so it's not the badis and I've never seen him bother the shrimp. How do I raise the TDS? It actually started when I started running my air stone in the tank, but I only run it at night and don't see how that could be a problem. I stopped all fertilizers( flourish excel and comp) when the problem started. Could too many snails be a problem? MY ramshorn has been very busy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.