The Planted Tank Forum banner

Manhattan area club!

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  lambo200530 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any interest in creating one?

#4 ·
yeah your right I was thinking like once a month or somthing meet up and trade stuff. the LFS here is good but plant wise not great unless he gets somthing special. Do you go to manhattan aquarium company? thats where I go and im starting work there on the 13th.

#7 ·
I go to wichita once a month for business and have found that Sea Dreams off of Harry st is amazing. They have great pricing and a ginormous selection and assortment of plants, fish, coral, tanks and everything in between. I highly recomend you to stop by and check them out. The owner is full of information, I think they call her momma or something, shes a "big" white lady, and super nice.

#8 ·
I keep hearing good things about Sea Dreams, I was planning to take a trip down there but this fricken ice storm knocked out my power for 5 days. And now we have a good amount of snow on the ground. Will have to wait till after christmas most likely.

Manhattan Aquarium Supply is junk, the owner is knowledgeable but he is very very rude to customers. Pets N Stuff doesn't really have a great selection of fish, and they aren't very experienced in that field as well. Seems like out of town is the way to go.

Scaley Daves would be awesome if they carried more fish stuff, which I have heard will hopefully be soon.

#10 ·
Not really, we sucked for plants and fish as well. Although we did get a wide variety of plants in, rather then the 50 different types of swords that Aquarium gets.

He has a great fish selection I will give him that, and a HUGE selection of OVERPRICED aquarium hardware.

And his reptiles? Don't get me started!

To be completely honest, you can find supplies/plants online cheaper than ANY pet stores locally.

Want to see a owner not running a store properly? Walk in and go to reptiles and look what the owner is doing on the computer - playing video games while customers are walking around in the store.. Brilliant!

#14 ·
Best would be to talk with the manhattan aquarium guy I guess? I do frogs and 2 reef tanks, one is a 72 bow front in salina and one is here but only a 20 and I am redoing it all....

I keep some live plants in my frog tanks, riccia, java moss, water hyacinth, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.